Can anyone recommend a quality car mat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonecho

Car
W205 C200 petrol
I have bought enough car mats over the years to know that the drivers side always looks worn out after a few thousand miles thus making a nice car interior look shabby.

There are lots of UK car mat companies selling tailored fit mats with a selection of piles rated in grams or grams per sqm. Some come with extra heel protection in optional rubber or double thick carpet.

Can anyone recommend a good third party supplier of custom wool type mats and maybe the gram rating of that mat that will just need a clean to keep it looking new and last more than a few thousand miles?

Last edited:
For what car?

The OEM mats from Mercedes are always perfect I've found.

W205 C Class. Only the AMG line comes with mats which seems a bit mean. I have looked at some second hand ones on ebay just to check their condition and most of them are showing signs of excessive wear so I don't think BM OEM's cut the mustard and are no better than mats at half the price. This is an example of what I would call a mat showing premature signs of wear seeing the car hasn't been out that long. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-M...d=100011&rk=3&rkt=10&mehot=pp&sd=261902720058

Last edited:
I took a complete punt in the dark and ordered some mats at £75 for my CLK from an internet outfit called QTMdirect2U.

I chose them because they offered 'Black Saxony wool twist 2930 gramme' which I did not see on other mat suppliers.

I selected a twist pile mat as I wanted a change from velour or the more practical ribbed mats and I thought the luxury 3998 gramme was OTT for real life use.

Its too early to give a usage report as I have only had them for 2 months now, but so far I am very happy with them.

That is the sort of mat I am looking for as it has a high weight at a good price. The only problem is that they don't seem to do the latest C Class yet.

I bought my son a set of car mats for his 2013 Focus last Christmas. I bought them on the net and the company offered a "Mercedes" grade carpet for about £40 for the full set. They were very close to Merc OEM quality - ribbed with a hardwearing pile. They were from Car Mats direct and called "Ribtex Heavy Duty"

Last edited:
Look up easyrider car mats if you want the ultimate in car mats.

Not cheap but they are very very nice.

There was a post on here some time ago for an online place with a promo code to use to get a discount. It may be worth doing a search.

Never found anything that looks better, as in should be there rather than an add on, or lasts better than factory ones regardless of manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom