Can anyone recommend any conservatory suppliers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Storm

We're in the market for a conservatory and have in fact been getting quotes for the past 3 months. However, it appears that there are a lot of cowboys out there, and salesmen with dodgy selling tactics. Last night was the last straw when two conmen paid us a visit and tried to sell us a conservatory without any intention of ever fitting it (thankfully this was revealed because on of the foolishly left some paperwork behind!).:mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, we're now totally disheartened but still want one building. I think it's incredible that it's so difficult to find a trustworthy builder/fitter these days, so I'm turning to the MBClub for some help/advice!

Can anyone recommend a decent conservatory company either based in the north-west or a national company. Our only stipulation is that they must be able to fit hardwood conservatories as we're grade 2 listed. Oh, and that they're not lying, cheating con men, of course.:mad:

whetever you do, make sure there is a door between the conservatory and the room its attached to. When it rains (north west!) the noise can be irritating. In winter you want to avoid heating it when you're not using it.

Get lots of quotes, and ask to speak to some local customers....

Colin.

whetever you do, make sure there is a door between the conservatory and the room its attached to. When it rains (north west!) the noise can be irritating. In winter you want to avoid heating it when you're not using it.

Building regs stipulates exterior door leading into the conservatory. If you want to avoid this then you need a proper garden room extension.

Rain noise depends on the roof material, as you say polycarbonate is terribly noisy.
The more solid double layer, foam filled roofs are quiet, not as quiet as proper tiles but good.

Last edited:
Sorry this won't be much of a help, but we've been in a similar position recently - looking for a conservatory supplier.

I believe www.planetpvc.co.uk are a national concern, and have been marketing really aggresively in the Midlands. The week after we saw their special offer adevrts in the paper we rocked up to their Birmingham outlet.

Thought it seemed odd that nobody greeted us, and couldn't see any customers but carried on looking around. Couple of blokes in planetpvc t-shirts looked at us strange and carried on moving stuff around. After about 5 minutes I asked if someone was available to give us a quote, only to be told they had closed and we're moving all the stuff out!!

Why they didn't tell us that when we walked in still puzzles me!!

You don't say where youy live????:confused:

If in the East Midlands I would highly recommend Trade Windows and Doors in Derby.

Well I did say North-west ;), Manchester to be specific.

There's got to be a door between the consvatory and the house, so that's covered. We're after a glass roof - as you say, the polycarbonate ones can be very noisy.

Does anyone have an opinion on Anglian Conservatories? They look to be the only national supplier and fitter of hardwood. We've had various quote from different companies, I guess I'm just scared of trusting someone who I don't know at all to do such major work to our house.

Thanks for all of the replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom