Can anyone recommend the best reasonably priced fault code reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

K80NBM

Car
S Class 320CDI W221 2006
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best fault code kit under £250. I guess you can't get to star capability but it would be good to get the best for the bugdet.
Thanks

Buy a star machine if you've got a laptop you only need to buy a c3 from China which can be picked up for £300
You will thank yourself in the future

Hi guys, can someone recommend an OBD code reader for a facelift S211 E320 cdi? Will a £50 scanner on ebay do the job? just wanting to diagnose an intermittent limp mode and jerking on my car. Compatibility with Audi and volvo (also in the family) be possible?

Most cheapo code scanners will only read standard OBDII fault codes generated by the engine ECU and the transmission TCU, but not fault codes generated by any of the MB-specific ECUs'

Ideally you want a code scanner that can read at least *some* additional ECUs (although only MB STAR will read all of the MB ECUs...)

The iCarsoft MB II is very good in that respect and will allow you to access quite a few MB-Specific ECUs.

Other possible alternatives are:

http://www.mycarly.com/product/mercedes-app/

https://www.auteltech.com/Professional Scan Tools/393.jhtml

Thanks Mark, will the iCarsoft MB2 be compatible for at least some fault code reading with other cars?

Thanks Mark, will the iCarsoft MB2 be compatible for at least some fault code reading with other cars?

An indie will hook it up to star for less than £50 Id think? What's the point of buying a generic thing which won't give much info.

I bought their i980.
It's a great bit of kit .... but no good for my 2002 e320cdi.
An MBII would be overkill for a 202 but as above, it probably won't be on the menu.

iCarsoft do have multi brand models e.g. i860 and Professional CR Plus.

the mb2 reads all other cars in obd2 mode , its only merc specific in merc mode. hth/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom