Can anyone share a parts diagram of the parking brake cabin mechanism?

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by MJJ, Jan 16, 2020 at 10:57 AM.

1. MJJ

MJJ New Member

Car:
    '09 S211 E220 CDi - poverty spec
    There is a long story behind why I am asking this, short version involves training under age drivers and wanting a brake in the passenger footwell, but I would like to see if it is possible to replicate the LHD parking brake pedal onto a RHD car - in addition to the existing pedal.

Basically I am wondering if Mercedes did the normal german LHD to RHD conversion route, and there is a mechanism running the width of the cabin that means a passenger footwell pedal and the original driver footwell pedal could be done together. No need to replicate the release, just the application pedal.

Can anyone point me towards a way of seeing parts diagrams, or perhaps share the LHD and RHD (2009MY S211) parking brake cabin pedal parts schematics with me?

I have searched, and I cannot find online parts schematics for Mercedes cars.

Many thanks if anyone is able to advise, or help.

Martin.

2. OP
    OP
    MJJ

MJJ New Member

Car:
  3. DSM10000

DSM10000 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    Martin

Would a fairly weak drum brake only operating on the rear wheels suffice?

The Parking brake mechanism is a stand alone unit fixed to the footwell.

4. OP
    OP
    MJJ

MJJ New Member

Car:
    It would, yes, as it is really only potential low speed intervention required. Looking at the schematics site alecmascot linked to above, I see what you mean about standalone. Not a simple solution, but at least it looks like it is cable operated so maybe a second firewall mounted pedal and cable merge may be possible. More investigating to do.

Martin.

5. DSM10000

DSM10000 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
    It is csble operated

I imagine the fixing holes are already there (or could be measured from the existing unit and transposed easily) then a second cable run parallel to the original and joined at the mechanism where the original cable splits to both rear drums?

6. Jockcl500

Jockcl500 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    Would you not be better with dual controls, like learner cars?

7. OP
    OP
    MJJ

MJJ New Member

Car:
    That would be a fine solution for sure, but the cost of duplicating both hydraulic brakes and clutch is overkill for what I need. A simple way to apply the parking brake from the passenger seat is all I really need to consider.

Thank you.

Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Jockcl500

Jockcl500 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes CL500 2008
    Just a thought as you can get new supplied and fitted for about £300 or, even cheaper for a refurbed set supplied and fitted.

DSM10000 likes this.