Can anyone share a parts diagram of the parking brake cabin mechanism?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MJJ

Car
'09 S211 E220 CDi manual - 197k miles and counting
There is a long story behind why I am asking this, short version involves training under age drivers and wanting a brake in the passenger footwell, but I would like to see if it is possible to replicate the LHD parking brake pedal onto a RHD car - in addition to the existing pedal.

Basically I am wondering if Mercedes did the normal german LHD to RHD conversion route, and there is a mechanism running the width of the cabin that means a passenger footwell pedal and the original driver footwell pedal could be done together. No need to replicate the release, just the application pedal.

Can anyone point me towards a way of seeing parts diagrams, or perhaps share the LHD and RHD (2009MY S211) parking brake cabin pedal parts schematics with me?

I have searched, and I cannot find online parts schematics for Mercedes cars.

Many thanks if anyone is able to advise, or help.

Martin.

Martin

Would a fairly weak drum brake only operating on the rear wheels suffice?

The Parking brake mechanism is a stand alone unit fixed to the footwell.

Would a fairly weak drum brake only operating on the rear wheels suffice?

It would, yes, as it is really only potential low speed intervention required. Looking at the schematics site alecmascot linked to above, I see what you mean about standalone. Not a simple solution, but at least it looks like it is cable operated so maybe a second firewall mounted pedal and cable merge may be possible. More investigating to do.

Martin.

It would, yes, as it is really only potential low speed intervention required. Looking at the schematics site alecmascot linked to above, I see what you mean about standalone. Not a simple solution, but at least it looks like it is cable operated so maybe a second firewall mounted pedal and cable merge may be possible. More investigating to do.

Martin.

It is csble operated

I imagine the fixing holes are already there (or could be measured from the existing unit and transposed easily) then a second cable run parallel to the original and joined at the mechanism where the original cable splits to both rear drums?

Would you not be better with dual controls, like learner cars?

Would you not be better with dual controls, like learner cars?

That would be a fine solution for sure, but the cost of duplicating both hydraulic brakes and clutch is overkill for what I need. A simple way to apply the parking brake from the passenger seat is all I really need to consider.

Thank you.

Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a fine solution for sure, but the cost of duplicating both hydraulic brakes and clutch is overkill for what I need. A simple way to apply the parking brake from the passenger seat is all I really need to consider.

Thank you.

Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a thought as you can get new supplied and fitted for about £300 or, even cheaper for a refurbed set supplied and fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom