Can Anyone Tell If This Is A Genuine AMG V12?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like a standard S600 with AMG stickers on copy wheels to me.

Didnt all late S600's have the two tone leather seats ?

Genuine wheels , but that's about all that's AMG about it.

Still looks ok though.

Wheels look genuine AMG but I don't think they're W140 ones (too small and front offset looks wrong). Not an AMG car.

If you look at the picture of the wheel,enlarge it 150percent you will see it's a sticker.not on straight either AMG?

Are we looking at the same photo ?

All i can see is the AMG Styling II with the engraved logo ?

steering wheel put on up side down!

Wrong airbag too should be a leather stiched one if the car has a wood wheel. The rest of the dash has the leather stiched option though.

Ah , ok , i can see what you guys mean now !

There is a faint outline around the AMG logo !!

Wrong airbag too should be a leather stiched one if the car has a wood wheel. The rest of the dash has the leather stiched option though.

The airbag was optional no,unless standard on the 600s if wood&leather wheel

The airbag was optional no,unless standard on the 600s if wood&leather wheel

The stitched airbag was only on 1998 model S600s. 1996/1997 got the regular plastic airbag :(, also only the 1996 cars got the airbag with the chrone effect star, same as the w124s.

Every other AMG W140 I've seen has a sticker with the details of the power in KW/PS and an AMG serial number, which this car doesn't appear to have.

although this one most likely isnt a AMG car , I believe a fair few of the mercs in New Zealand are Japenese imports and as you know Dash the japs are a law unto themselves with regards to AMG cars - (so you keep telling me anyway :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom