Can anyone tell me about this SL129 interior?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MHT223

Car
N/A
Hi,

I saw the below interior picture on a dealers website for a SL500 96N and wondered if the interior was a special edition or an aftermarket jobby, or just me being ignorant because I dont think I've ever seen one like this in an N reg SL, it looks so much newer. Any help would be much appreciated,

Mark

AETV877642_3b.jpg

This belongs in the interior section! Moving...

That interior looks as though its a cross between Java(the darker cream) and Helios (the lighter). I have never seen that combo before so would guess that it is aftermarket.

The other thing is that I can't work out what the controls on the right hand side of the seat do...never seen those before. They could be lumber support controls.....

Tan said:
I have never seen that combo before so would guess that it is aftermarket.
or designo!

CHICAGO, -- Mercedes-Benz of North America (MBNA), Inc. today unveiled 10 special edition cars, which will become available in limited numbers this summer and fall for model year 2000. The 10 vehicles are the first editions of a new factory program called designo ("dee-zin-yo"), which offer a new level of exclusivity and differentiation within the Mercedes-Benz line. The designo Editions are expected to appeal to buyers looking for a high dose of fashion, but without sacrificing the function and core attributes of safety and performance that Mercedes-Benz automobiles offer.

I know that this refers to the American market, but would presume it appeared in Europe at around the same sort of time.

Designo was definately around in 97-98 as my dad's old SLK had it and that was an S plate, not sure about before that though.

Designo were first out on S reg cars so that is not what this interior is from. All the Designo's that I looked at had Nappa Leather, Part Wood Steering Wheel and Wood Gearknob. I also don't recognise the controls on the seat but as Tan says, they're probably lumbar support which my SL doesn't have.
Of course, whoever took the picture could have a particularly dodgy digital camera which has screwed up the colour reproduction and it's actually just plain old Mushroom leather.

the seat contols are for the orthapaedic seats - had them on my last SL - really neat the way they work. especially the side bolsers which can be adjusted to really hold you in when cornering. all done by pneumatics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom