Can engine leak from the rear crank seal and fill up the gearbox?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rogrr

Car
C180 w203 2001 132k miles. c180k w203 2006 99956 miles.
I have a w203 with 722.6 gearbox. Overfilled with oil. I'll drain and check in the next few days. The 13 pin connector was full of oil and I will check the tcm harness later.

The 13 plug connector is known to fill up with oil when its seal leaks even with fluid at the correct level. You may also be in the leaking Valeo RADIATOR transmission cooler coil
era which results in coolant mixing with gearbox fluid. This normally reveals itself first with gearbox malfunction. Whats the gearbox fluid like in appearance?

I can't see how the event described in the title could ever occur.

Don't wait to replace your connector and remember to give the o-rings a coat of ATF and push it in good (it will slide in harder than the old one came out) and be careful with the little bolt.

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered new oil and connector and I am looking for a replacement radiator and hard tubing part where it was cut near the radiator.

The oil seemed fresh and the oil cooling lines were connected to each other. I have the bad rad. I cleaned out the connector and harness with IPA and lighter fluid. I put 2 layers of rescue tape under the o rings. I cleaned the sump pan and I put it all back together. I have about a liter of atf left over.

The harness did not have oil in the gcm.

I'm confused. So you had the Valeo radiator, or there was another problem with it?

I'm confused. So you had the Valeo radiator, or there was another problem with it?

Sorry. I am now convinced a leaking rear seal has nothing to do with the overfilled atf problem. It was just a frustrated mechanic trying to get the car to a secluded parking spot.

The car did have the valeo radiator and the previous owner flushed the contaminated oil and cut off the cooling pipes close to the radiator and used a piece of hose to connect both lines together. Bypassed the radiator altogether. Now it's hard to bring the fluid up to temp without driving it hard. But that's another problem.

I cleared the tcm dtc's and all faults related to the transmission is gone. It went back to limp mode with esp related errors. I will have a go at the esp module and related wiring tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice. I have ordered new oil and connector and I am looking for a replacement radiator and hard tubing part where it was cut near the radiator.

The oil seemed fresh and the oil cooling lines were connected to each other. I have the bad rad. I cleaned out the connector and harness with IPA and lighter fluid. I put 2 layers of rescue tape under the o rings. I cleaned the sump pan and I put it all back together. I have about a liter of atf left over.

The harness did not have oil in the gcm.

Which O rings had 'rescue tape' (not heard of it) under them - the pilot bush?
If so, why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom