Can Gerry Robinson Fix Dementia Care Homes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A national disgrace- a true human tragedy of major proportions - a hugely sad indictment of our society's values-almost unwatchable.

I watched it with tears in my eyes.
There, but for the grace of God, go we all.
Wasn't it horrific ?!

Didn't see the programme but my wife and I are currently remotely looking after her 97year old Godmother who has zero short term memory but thankfully doesn't have Alzheimer's.

Even so, I don't know how anybody could work with people like her - OK, there will be a few absolute saints, but I don't think you could build up a nationwide reliable workforce that would be motivated to take good care of such people.

Not a lot to look forward to wrinkles, dementia, incontinence and finally death add that to a care home that does not give a s*** and euthanasia does not look that bad.

Back to the programme, he did not think much of the manager and her boss in the home that got closed, one word frightening.

The management was tragic.
Utterly hapless.

It looked to me as if almost everyone involved just didn't want to be there (the residents included). There was little pride in their jobs on display which meant the service was shocking.

Dare I say it, but I wonder if Tescos Value did care homes how they would be? Far from perfect I'm sure, but from management to staff everyone would know their roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom