Can I cancel my order???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLR1969

Car
BMW 530D M Sport
I have paid a £500 deposit and been advised of a build slot in mid-September for delivery early October.

I am able to change the spec of the car until the 14th August

However I have just done a quote on the same spec car on Coast2Coast and it came out £1750 cheaper.

My initial order had a discount of 8.7% but C2C are showing 11.8%

The C2C discount seems huge for a C43 AMG Coupe as discounts are hard to get so its either an error on their system or its correct. Will see in the morning.

As the build is still open to change am I able to cancel (and lose deposit) or not.

Normally would not mess around but even after losing £500 its still £1250 cheaper.

The contract you signed will tell you under what circumstances you can cancel. Any advice from here that hasn't seen that contract is worthless.

That said...

Most purchase contracts that I've signed allow cancellation on the basis that the deposit is forfeit, even quite late in the day.

My suggestion would be to make 100% certain that the other offer is both real (i.e. not an error) and that there's a car available at that price in a timeframe that you're happy with before doing anything. And remember that you might need the dealer who you are about to walk away from at some time, too.

The contract you signed will tell you under what circumstances you can cancel. Any advice from here that hasn't seen that contract is worthless.

That said...

Most purchase contracts that I've signed allow cancellation on the basis that the deposit is forfeit, even quite late in the day.

My suggestion would be to make 100% certain that the other offer is both real (i.e. not an error) and that there's a car available at that price in a timeframe that you're happy with before doing anything. And remember that you might need the dealer who you are about to walk away from at some time, too.

Thanks for the reply

Its all been done over the internet and phone and I have not signed anything at all. Its all been verbal.

Will check what the situation is with C2C but kind of hoping that its a mistake as I don't like going back on a deal, not my style.

Thanks for the reply

Its all been done over the internet and phone and I have not signed anything at all. Its all been verbal.

Will check what the situation is with C2C but kind of hoping that its a mistake as I don't like going back on a deal, not my style.

1. Distance selling regulations should apply if it's an Internet/phone based deal. (I.e. If you haven't set foot in a dealership or met any members of staff)

2. If you don't like going back on a deal, do not enquire with C2C. Keep your deal, wait and look forward to getting the new motor. (And stop looking at more deals!!!)

Mate you are making me laugh, I cannot disagree with you though.....

Peer pressure :D

When I moved here I had a diesel Astra. Then I bought an M3 and then it was a slippery slope. All of a sudden the competition with my neighbour gets out of hand. He sold his M6 so I got rid of the C63 and now we both have diesels. Last weekend we went out to buy cars he has bought an EVO. Im not getting involved now :D

Peer pressure is deffo a thing though.

In fact I remember only going in to look at the c63 and he came out and told me I'd bought it lol!

1. Distance selling regulations should apply if it's an Internet/phone based deal. (I.e. If you haven't set foot in a dealership or met any members of staff)

2. If you don't like going back on a deal, do not enquire with C2C. Keep your deal, wait and look forward to getting the new motor. (And stop looking at more deals!!!)

It's £1750 and frankly that's a lot of money. I mean he could put it towards the C63.

It's £1750 and frankly that's a lot of money. I mean he could put it towards the C63.

I agree it's a lot of money Stu but he did say:

"kind of hoping that its a mistake as I don't like going back on a deal, not my style."

Peer pressure :D

When I moved here I had a diesel Astra. Then I bought an M3 and then it was a slippery slope. All of a sudden the competition with my neighbour gets out of hand. He sold his M6 so I got rid of the C63 and now we both have diesels. Last weekend we went out to buy cars he has bought an EVO. Im not getting involved now :D

Peer pressure is deffo a thing though.

In fact I remember only going in to look at the c63 and he came out and told me I'd bought it lol!

Luckily my neighbour is a farmer so unless I get a thing for tractors I will be safe for a while, I have a feeling that the C?? AMG will be the first of many.

I know if cars did not have a lead time none of this would happen......

Luckily my neighbour is a farmer so unless I get a thing for tractors I will be safe for a while, I have a feeling that the C?? AMG will be the first of many.

You will absolutely love if. If you need 4wd then why not a GLE63?

465f4b4d450bc7c585667199aeb9e5405669648a0461231a5b75289affb9427f.jpg

JLR1969 said:
I have paid a £500 deposit and been advised of a build slot in mid-September for delivery early October. I am able to change the spec of the car until the 14th August However I have just done a quote on the same spec car on Coast2Coast and it came out £1750 cheaper. My initial order had a discount of 8.7% but C2C are showing 11.8% The C2C discount seems huge for a C43 AMG Coupe as discounts are hard to get so its either an error on their system or its correct. Will see in the morning. As the build is still open to change am I able to cancel (and lose deposit) or not. Normally would not mess around but even after losing £500 its still £1250 cheaper.

Wouldn't be fair to go into too much detail, my dealer matched that C2C quote on a 43. Admittedly prior to committing an order. Discount was around 11%.

Yes they will return the deposit if you insist on it. Threaten to go to MBUK if they won't budge.
But at least give them a chance to match the price.

Oh, and next time do your homework before ordering ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom