Can I cancel my order???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes they will return the deposit if you insist on it. Threaten to go to MBUK if they won't budge.
But at least give them a chance to match the price.

Oh, and next time do your homework before ordering ;)

Sorry Dad

The C2C price is valid so have cancelled my order, if I had received good service from the original dealer it would have been a lot harder to do however I was feeling very underwhelmed by the whole experience.

So, big question is, did you get your £500 back?

I have paid a £500 deposit and been advised of a build slot in mid-September for delivery early October.

I am able to change the spec of the car until the 14th August

However I have just done a quote on the same spec car on Coast2Coast and it came out £1750 cheaper.

My initial order had a discount of 8.7% but C2C are showing 11.8%

The C2C discount seems huge for a C43 AMG Coupe as discounts are hard to get so its either an error on their system or its correct. Will see in the morning.

As the build is still open to change am I able to cancel (and lose deposit) or not.

Normally would not mess around but even after losing £500 its still £1250 cheaper.

I think I got really lucky with mine. Found a C2C quote of about 11% discount, went down to my local dealer expecting them to knock me back but ended up signing on a C43 coupe PP for a 12.2% discount. I ordered 2nd week of August and got a 6th September build slot for a 13th September delivery.

This was my first time negotiating on a car so I didn't expect it to be that easy!

I think I got really lucky with mine. Found a C2C quote of about 11% discount, went down to my local dealer expecting them to knock me back but ended up signing on a C43 coupe PP for a 12.2% discount. I ordered 2nd week of August and got a 6th September build slot for a 13th September delivery.

This was my first time negotiating on a car so I didn't expect it to be that easy!

I guess it's difficult for dealers as there are a lot of car discount sites about, so as long as you do your homework before ordering there are good deals to be had!
For example BMW actually publish discounts if you go through the configurator and click to order at the end and that's without trying, but go into the dealership they will give you less discount then say how good the deal is.

I did the same with my order, went in with C2C spec and price, they matched it begrudgingly, then I asked for a bit more to seal the deal :thumb:

I guess it's difficult for dealers as there are a lot of car discount sites about, so as long as you do your homework before ordering there are good deals to be had!

I did the same with my order, went in with C2C spec and price, they matched it begrudgingly, then I asked for a bit more to seal the deal :thumb:

I got a lot of tips on how to order a Mercedes from this site. A lot of sound advice on here. I always feel bad when pushing for more and more off anything I buy but considering the amount of money the car costs, I thought I'd try my luck and the dealer was great. His manager told me they only made 2% on a new chassis and did the deal for me because the sales guy was so persistent. He's definitely earned himself a drink on handover day!

For example BMW actually publish discounts if you go through the configurator and click to order at the end and that's without trying, but go into the dealership they will give you less discount then say how good the deal is.

I was with a friend when he bought a 1 series a year or so ago and BMW were terrible throughout the process. Gave false information about the car, fiddled numbers to make it look like he was getting a good deal and generally showed a lack of interest in the deal maybe because it didn't have a high ticket price.

Nothing can be worse than Basingstoke, Reading and Slough Audi branches though. It's like they believe their cars are so good, they almost go out of their way to provide the worst service imaginable with the confidence people will still buy.

Then there's how they treated my car when it went in for servicing...

Nice one, really pleased for you. What colour did you choose? Any other options as well as PP?

Have you actually test driven a C43 at all.

Nice one, really pleased for you. What colour did you choose? Any other options as well as PP?

Have you actually test driven a C43 at all.

Thanks buddy :)

I went for Obsidian Black, 19" multi spoke titanium/black AMG alloys and privacy glass in addition to PP. Didn't bother with any of the driver assistance stuff as my eyes, hands and feet do an adequate job of operating the car. Distronic would have been nice for start/stop traffic but I read about people in the States having their car emergency brake on the highway for no reason at all!

I had a test drive in one and loved it. Negotiated price and signed on the dotted line as soon as I could after that. The dealer very kindly gave me one over the bank holiday weekend so I had it from Saturday morning until Monday afternoon. It was incredible! I have some really nice country roads near me so I was able to let it go :D

Thanks buddy :)

I went for Obsidian Black, 19" multi spoke titanium/black AMG alloys and privacy glass in addition to PP. Didn't bother with any of the driver assistance stuff as my eyes, hands and feet do an adequate job of operating the car. Distronic would have been nice for start/stop traffic but I read about people in the States having their car emergency brake on the highway for no reason at all!

I had a test drive in one and loved it. Negotiated price and signed on the dotted line as soon as I could after that. The dealer very kindly gave me one over the bank holiday weekend so I had it from Saturday morning until Monday afternoon. It was incredible! I have some really nice country roads near me so I was able to let it go :D

I assume PP is performance pack - what do you get for that?

I'm trying to work out what minimum spec I need - given its a weekend toy, i dont need gizmos but do want it to look and drive brilliantly. What interior have you gone for? any trim or similar options you fancied but ultimately didnt get? My problem is that on a convertible I dont want a black inside (heat and dust!)

I assume PP is performance pack - what do you get for that?

I'm trying to work out what minimum spec I need - given its a weekend toy, i dont need gizmos but do want it to look and drive brilliantly. What interior have you gone for? any trim or similar options you fancied but ultimately didnt get? My problem is that on a convertible I dont want a black inside (heat and dust!)

Apologies, I saw PP dotted around on here and didn't know what it stood for. I meant premium plus so that gives you:
Pan roof
Keyless entry/go
Reversing camera
Burmester sound system
Comand online
Electric seats with memory
Electric mirrors
Ambient lighting

I don't think there is a performance pack option for the C43. My interior is Black dinamica with red stitching/piping and seatbelts. I've read/watched reviews about the dinamica being more comfortable in hot/cold conditions over the leather option and the dealer said it also adds to the residual value of the car. However, I have not had the chance to drive one with it fitted so I will update when I get a go in mine.

I wanted to go for the wood grain centre console trim with analogue clock but I was too late to change my order. The carbon trim looked awesome but at £700 and with no effect on residuals, I left it out.

I would have liked distronic for traffic also but that only comes as part of the £1.7k driver assistance package and I can live with having to brake all by myself!

Besides that, I'm really happy with my spec. Main gripe was the default screen that you get with the Garmin software. The system was awful so I had to go for the premium plus pack to upgrade it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom