Can I charge from this socket ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
2019 sprinter on the top dash ? Any idea what plug - looks like a mini usb ?

IMG_20220516_134637_771_copy_1152x864.jpg

Cheers

I can't see it on the photo but I guess its a USB-C and my recent experience of various hire cars is that on some of them it is for communication only and on some it will charge.

Not a very helpful answer I know, best thing is to buy a USB-C lead for your phone and plug it in ! Good luck 👍

I can't see it on the photo but I guess its a USB-C and my recent experience of various hire cars is that on some of them it is for communication only and on some it will charge.

Not a very helpful answer I know, best thing is to buy a USB-C lead for your phone and plug it in ! Good luck 👍

No worries. Keep forgetting to take one of my mini usb leads to work to see if it fits. As going to have to buy a lead with male plugs on both ends if such a thing actually exists !

No worries. Keep forgetting to take one of my mini usb leads to work to see if it fits. As going to have to buy a lead with male plugs on both ends if such a thing actually exists !
Take care: If it’s a small connection then it’s likely to be USB-C rather than the micro USB used on many devices.

Look carefully at the shape of the port, and if all four corners are smoothly and equally rounded then it’s USB - don't push a micro USB in there!

I can see the phone/tablet logo, but can't see the port? Unless I'm missing something?;?

The symbol means you have smartphone integration which can give Apple CarPlay / Android auto.

Sorry it's a crap picture. There is definitely a plug there which I believe is a usb c but as I don't actually own anything usb c i can't plug anything in to check.

Any USB-C socket should be good for charging. Some may provide lower current than others, the manual explains which one if they are different.

Mine charges as well.
Sorry it's a crap picture. There is definitely a plug there which I believe is a usb c but as I don't actually own anything usb c i can't plug anything in to check.
You can buy an adapter cheaply to convert USB to USB C

depends what your charging, the ports will be fine for phone or tablet, my road angel kept saying "connected to PC"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom