Can I connect to Merc’s BT handsfree & a 3rd party BT music device at the same time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

williamhop102

Car
Mercedes A250
Hi! Anyone has experience of using Bluetooth music adaptor for Media Interface while connecting to the Mercedes’ original Bluetooth handsfree at the same time using the same phone?

I am interested in buying the ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 Bluetooth wireless music adaptor which claims to be working with any in-car iPod connections such as Mercedes’ Media Interface. It claims it will just work like a normal Media Interface with iPod connection except it is wireless and I don’t need to have my iPhone actually attached to the Media Interface or buy an extra iPod which I don’t really use often since I only use iPhone to listen to music and perform all my other tasks. As described, once connected it will allows me to display the entire music, browse the music list on the NTG screen, I can also see the song info, and control the music from the radio buttons and steering wheel which sounds interesting as I have not come across any other product on the market that allows a wireless display of iPod library.

However, I use Mercedes’ Bluetooth handsfree a lot so I was wondering if I would be able to connect to my current in-car Bluetooth handsfree while connecting to Tune2Air adaptor at the same time? The webpage info seems to say ok but as I know Bluetooth is 1 to 1 connection isn’t it? Has anyone got idea? Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out here. Cheers! :confused::confused:

We'll have these shortly and try them on various Mercedes to see what they are really like

iPhones support multiple Bluetooth connections, so at this point i don't see why that would be an issue. I'd like to see the wireless access to the library work fully - not seen that on *any* product yet.

Clearly this device is just pretending to be an iPod from one end, and BT from the other - and ViseeO already have good experience of this, so I am looking forward to this product and will put one in each of our family cars ..

Cheers

Richard

Now in stock.

It works *perfectly* on the cars Alfie and I have tried it so far (last night!)

Mercedes Media Interface (in a NTG2.5 car, but interface is same in all models, so it will work)
BMW Media Interface (the kind with separate USB and audio, in a 2008 X5)

I'll try it with the Mercedes standard iPod kit the moment one comes into the workshop

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom