Can I fit a hands free stereo into a w210?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
Hi all
I have an E320 W210 with an aftermarket Becker Traffic Pro Stereo and I would like to change it to a hands free bluetooth stereo so that we can answer the phone (handsfree of course) while driving. Can anyone tell me if this is an easy, straight swap option and if so any recommendations?
I understand that the steering wheel buttons will not work with the new stereo but I believe that the "answer" button is located on the front panel of the stereo...
Any advice gratefully received :)

Keith

Should be fairly straight forward, your car has iso connectors as do most stereos.

You may need to sort out the ignition live but rest is more or less plug and play

Other option is keep the one you have and install a parrot kit or similar

Hi Renault, no....
Bob, I would rather fit a Parrot kit but they seem expensive and I am unsure about installing it anyway, so more expense :(

Keith

Parrot very straightforward in a 208, which I understand has more or less the same wiring as a W210, looms just plug in in series. As bob says switched 12v only tricky bit, i just tapped the cigar lighter for it.

Got a Parrot fitted to Mrs Wagons new Swift , was less than £200 iirc , a low end Bluetooth / iPod stereo is going to be a similar amount..., I have 2 low end alpines in my cars that do just that , radio reception isn't that good but could be old setup/aerials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom