Can I listen to your E300TD W210 engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Hello :), another strange one from me again.
I'm asking for a listen of a members engine whilst an a little run? :)
Reason is I think mine is a little tappy at low acceleration, I just need to asses the difference, if any.
The car needs to be a non CDI E300 W210, with turbo.
The sounds is subtle, more of a distraction than anything.

Distance Ok for me is within about 100ish miles.

Ta. :thumb:

Pretty please? :D

You're more than welcome to listen to my old oil-burner.
Trouble is that we have two E300TDs and they sound quite different.
Both run fine.
Both give approx the same mpg.
Both are treated regularly with Millers.
Both have around 130k miles on them.
They have always sounded different.
One or the other is always in Bradford, West Yorkshire during the day.
Both are in Barnsley during the evenings and at weekends.

Both are a little tappy on idle or low acceleration.
It's quite normal.

Cheers.
Johnsco

Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you. This is what I new just to see if it's 'normal'.
I hope you have good ears to hear mine aswell?

aandy yes mines 178k and a bit tappy sounding and I asked the dealer about it older looking mechanic he said all the old ones sounds like mine. any way I didnt believe him and convinced myself it was tired injectors so changed them. some reduction in black smoke but still tappy. I wonder if the injection point moves a bit with old age but read up on it and dotn think so. I had tappy rokers on a 124 petrol and changed the hydralic elements in the tappet tricky job but it made a great difference but this tappiness is all over so I doen think it it the hydraulic elements. Sorry I cant help if it anint broke or showing symptoms of broke,and after all it is not english, dont fix it

AAndy thanks for thanks, sorry about the typos, going back to the injection point I have not had mine checked and wonder if it is piston slap accentuated due to early firing. I happens on mine as you lift off idle and goes at about 1500 revs, worse when cold and sometime can not be heard when hot. windows open quiet road slow speed it can be heard dingling away. I am sure millers help with all these ageing features. I find shell fuel best extra not the expensive one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom