Can i run w210 heat blower without blower regulator ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poisas

Hi, i have ordered blower regulator from ebay, this was my first purchase , now its 1moth, and i have received letter, that they have send it to honkong, or missed up. so next month i will have it or i don't know if they will cheat .

eBay Item #200376862187 from Q&E Auto Parts

Now its start to be cold and windows are cloged, a lot of moisture in the car.
As i understand blower motor has power cable on, and ground cable goes thrue the regulator to the motor. Can i set manualy ground cable with the switch strait to the motor without any resistance ? As i understand it has to run full power then, but not sure if it last long...
Any sugestions will be aprocheated..

Tell e bay goods not received get your money back and get a new fan reg from somewhere else.

Lynall

Hi, i have ordered blower regulator from ebay, this was my first purchase , now its 1moth, and i have received letter, that they have send it to honkong, or missed up. so next month i will have it or i don't know if they will cheat .

eBay Item #200376862187 from Q&E Auto Parts

Now its start to be cold and windows are cloged, a lot of moisture in the car.
As i understand blower motor has power cable on, and ground cable goes thrue the regulator to the motor. Can i set manualy ground cable with the switch strait to the motor without any resistance ? As i understand it has to run full power then, but not sure if it last long...
Any sugestions will be aprocheated..

Isn't that a reg for a W140 anyway?

yep it fits only i need to solder wires to it .. i have found a DIY so i have no worry about fitting.. also , i'm noob in ebay Lynall, how to tell ebay that goods is not received ? :)

Pretty certain can be made to fit early w210 is on either benzworld or mbworld 210 how to section.

To complain i think click on your page find the item and pull down the list from the small arrow, sorry for crap instructions but havent done it for ages.

Basically tell e bay goods not received also complain to seller, e bay will contact seller on your behalf and it goes from there it is really simple try e bay help pages.

diy here http://www.mbworld.org/forums/e-cla...wer-motor-regulator-replacement-diy-here.html

Lynall

Last edited:
OK, if we go back to topic, can i connect ground wire straight to the blower motor ? i Was try to "touch" and motor starts to spin. Not sure if its good to do so. Somewhere i have read about that they have made a switch so he had full blow or zero blow.. :)

I take it that what you are looking for is a temporary solution so you can de-mist the screen until you effect a proper repair.

The blower motor is a fast spinning motor with a fan attached to it, bypassing the regulator and putting power to the motor brushes will cause it to run at its normal speed, which is fast, removing the power will cause it to stop so it is either on or off.

What I would do is get a cigar lighter socket and wire the motor up to that and when I want the blower on I would just plug in to the cigar lighter and unplug to switch off.

There is one possible snag with this idea and that is that because you have bypassing the regulator, a flap may remain closed, the motor will run but the air may not be able to circulate to de-mist the screen.
The regulator controls the speed of the motor via the blower control switch on the dash, so as you are bypassing the regulator then the air flaps may remain closed, that’s the bit I’m not sure about.

Dec

Thanks, for idea, but this can be more simple without cigarete lighter, cause i need to add only ground wire to the motor - +12wire is already connected. So i would only add ground wire with the switch on. I dont worry about the flaps, when in climate control panel i press "blow full on the windows" button i can hear the vacuum opens the flaps, and heat is coming up and cleans small area, but only heat, no wind ... So i will give a try with a ground wire with switch :) cause i dont have/ or dont want to buy cigarete lighter socket.

good idea dec. i am sure the flaps will still work as per usual - even if it is AAC. the only thing i am unsure about is if normal full speed is actually 100% duty cycle, hence i avoided replying first time. i suggest the o/p only runs the fan like this for short periods. cars have set on fire due to faulty fan wiring...

The cigar lighter approach was for the power supply and the means to switch on and off but if you already have all that then you will have full blower speed only, as Alexander says only use it when you need it. Having a switch to turn it off is important.

Dec

so, it works, only the switch i had is to weak, start to become hot after 4 min of run, i will go and buy another switch and see if that works. But i mean everything blows and controls via climate control so hopefully i will temp fix this.

so, it works, only the switch i had is to weak, start to become hot after 4 min of run, i will go and buy another switch and see if that works. But i mean everything blows and controls via climate control so hopefully i will temp fix this.

Why not just buy the correct part for the car?

It's not like they're hard to get.

The switch that is getting hot wasn’t designed to run the motor on its own, maybe the cigar plug I suggested before might be a better option after all.

Dec

ech wiring i use is to weak also, ihave set home-light switch :D that is not heating so much, but cable is geting hot after wile, anyway i think i cannot run it longer than 5min.. cause this is more power than usualy, the noise is so big :D anyway i will be able to dry my car :D

Yea cigar lighter option can be, but the cost of it is to high :D
I think i can live now with that :)

So the answer is - you can run blower motor without regulator, only for short time ~5min.

Last edited:
If you use the Blue and Red wires ONLY then the switch or wires will not get hot.

Dec
Picture source… http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/3593-howto-blower-motor-ventilation-fan-removal-w202-lots-pics.html
blower08.jpg

Why not just buy the correct part for the car?

It's not like they're hard to get.

actualy is very hard to get it here, they only sell it with whole motor for hudge money, original blower regulator costs 174euro, and it is still can happen the same since its france made. But if you take from W140 regulator and cut wires and solder them, it works perfect. and costs only 40-50euro.
If I could found job in UK, and move there offcourse i would buy and bla bla no problem, but this is only about the price, imagine, if this regulator costs 70% of your month sallary, than this is crazy.. Lithuania is so crazy now, my sallary go down 3xtimes, everything shows we will be bancrupt..

If you use the Blue and Red wires ONLY then the switch or wires will not get hot.

Dec
Picture source… http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/elec...r-ventilation-fan-removal-w202-lots-pics.html
blower08.jpg

I'm now realize why its getting hot, cause i have made bad connection to the ground cable in the motor. I will see if I can found cable end, that i could use to repair conecction, but motor takes so much power, when i switch it on, the front lights make short "blink" :) the noise is so big, you cannot speak inside.. so.. i need to add some resistance or somthing..

When the motor is put back into the dashboard and bolted in place, it should be much quieter.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom