Can I Swap 2 Front Wheels round?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
OK, numpty question...

I have Continental Contisportcontact 5 tyres fitted to my 2 front alloy wheels.
If I wanted to swap the 2 front wheels over (Left to Right, Right to Left) can I do that with these tyres or will they need to be removed in order to swap wheels.
I know some tyres are directional or something?....

I believe Contisports are not directional so shouldn't be a problem but why would you? People usually swap fronts and rears if they need to rotate tyres.

As above, if they do not have directional arrows then you can swap them.

But...why would you want to?

you can, but any grip in the wet will be compromised massively along with braking distance.

They will have worn in a particular way due to rotation and road camber, swapping them over might give you odd sound or a weird steering feel. But they should adapt. But what is your reason for wanting to do this ?

I rotate tyres to even out the wear but never side to side, only front to back to maintain direction. Even if the tyres are not directional they tend to feather to some extent. If the fronts wear on either the inner or outer shoulder it's going to be no better off on the other side.

OP here,
The reason for my question, I think one of the wheels is buckled slightly (drivers side) and i'm thinking swapping over might make it seem less noticeable on the steering wheel?

OP here,
The reason for my question, I think one of the wheels is buckled slightly (drivers side) and i'm thinking swapping over might make it seem less noticeable on the steering wheel?
Probably not.

OP here,

Is that because only the driver's side wheel is connected to the steering? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom