can i trust ASSYST

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

my march `02 CLK230K has done just 4400 miles,the ASSYST says anotyer 5000 to go before servicing.On my current usage this will mean the car will be about 18/20 months old before it gets any attension-is this too long?Can the service indicator be relied upon?Do MB use synthetic oil from new?

You can trust ASSYST, however I've found with all my cars that have had ASSYST that once it gets down to the last 1000miles before a service, those last 1000 will go by in about 200 miles!

I know it ajusts to your driving syles, engine temp, revving when cold etc, but it does seem to jump down too quick to be true to me.

Saying that, i'd rather service sooner than later!

Your car should probably be serviced every 12 months or when ASSYST says to, whichever comes first. Even if you only drive 2000 miles per year, some items need to be serviced due to age rather than mileage.

Assyst works on mileage or days.

The maximum possible on Assyst is 23,000 miles or 24 months between services.

The minimum depends on how much you keep the pedal on the bulkhead.

Our Diesel does about 18,000 between services which works out about twice a year.

The petrols always only do 10k :crazy:

Originally posted by fuzzer
The petrols always only do 10k :crazy: [/B]

Must be the way you drive Jason!

My E240 is currently asking for a service in 3000 miles time. Its done 13,000 since the last one. Mostly motorway and fast dual carriageway driving.

ASSYST gave me 12,000 after an A service before the A160 needed it's B (completed by independent garage - George!)

Noting the service countdown when re-fuelling, ASSYST appears to work well, often counting down slower than actual mileage.

It even went up after fresh oil was added at the engine rebuild (water in the oil).

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom