Can Mercedes Benz Survive in UK market ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How many cars at the top end start their life with a private cash buyer? Very very few, would be my guess.

Was having a look at one of these yesterday ,as it was parked down the street, and it was a nice looking vehicle in black and made me look twice , something that offering from other manufacturers have not done recently.

Bit pricey at £38k ish but as you say the monthlies is the major purchasing factor for most these days.

K

True, I think the Kia/Hyundais are really excellent designs and good reliability as far as I know. But the they fail miserably as follows:
"Hiya mate, not seen you in ages, what you driving these days, still got the Merc?"
'Even better actually, I have a Kia Sport'
"Oh. Anyway how's things?"

Most people would rather say Merc, Audi, Jag, Volvo, etc. especially if the damn thing costs about the same on pcp!

Hi Bobby Dazzler , again thank you for a courteous reply.Unfortunately as on many forums certain members like to throw punches but have glass jaws.

I don't expect many people to agree with my comments but what is a forum for : for me it is to express ones opinion.

If Mercedes had a real mind set change and provided even a good level of customer service it would be a start.

From my understanding Mercedes are introducing over twenty new models within the next few years , no doubt based upon EV platforms.

If you look at customer satisfaction surveys Mercedes do not do well regarding electrics , I say no more.

2016 plate car inspected for subframe and brake line corrosion.

Glass jaws... Like it lol, see a fair bit of that here👍
But, I'm afraid you're wrong, sorry: Mercedes haven't made a decent 'forever car', the sort you buy at 65 and keep till you drop at 95, since about 1987. They are still, on the whole, fabulously engineered and designed, but just built badly because modern society does not, unfortunately, value longevity. It values tech and coolness, which MB have in oodles.

Hi , A friend of mine runs 4 Skoda cars.

He is not a badge snog.

His top of the range superb is truly wonderful and where I live in Portugal Skoda and Dacia have have reduced Mercedes to Mercedes Who.

Unfortunately I think I am a badge snob !!

Hi , A friend of mine runs 4 Skoda cars.

He is not a badge snog.

His top of the range superb is truly wonderful and where I live in Portugal Skoda and Dacia have have reduced Mercedes to Mercedes Who.

Unfortunately I think I am a badge snob !!
Good job otherwise he'd probably be arrested!

Sometimes I do wonder who buys these new cars or are they all run on fleets?

Can't remember ever seeing a MB newer than 72 plate which wasn't an A class or a CLA.

Certainly have seen very few new C Classes and they've been around a good 1 year+

Certainly have seen very few new C Classes and they've been around a good 1 year+
You're not missing anything , the W206s I've seen , mainly black and base spec, look terrible - bland bland bland.

You're not missing anything , the W206s I've seen , mainly black and base spec, look terrible - bland bland bland.

I might look into one when the prices are more reasonable. Not driven one yet but I don't mind the spectral blue or the red (obviously). Unfortunately most of them all tend to be black/grey

I might look into one when the prices are more reasonable. Not driven one yet but I don't mind the spectral blue or the red (obviously). Unfortunately most of them all tend to be black/grey
I saw a White P Plus in my local showroom when they were released and thought it looked great. I really did consider getting one as a replacement for my 2018 C250d 4matic (White obviously) but the OTR price had shot up to £55k plus, and with MBs new pricing strategy there was no chance of a discount, so decided against it.

Last edited:
I saw a White P Plus in my local showroom when they were released and thought it looked great. I really did consider getting one as a replacement for my 2018 C250d 4matic (White obviously) but the OTR price had shot up to £55k plus, and with MBs new pricing strategy there was no chance of a discount, so decided against it.

Yep certainly too expensive for what it is. However, seems to drop price quite well. You can get a C43 AMG for £50k now with a handful of miles on it

I think from an AMG point of view Mercedes are struggling the M cars had a strong year last year.

I do think if its all the engine downsizing affecting buyer habits for the base models for AMG like C63 etc.

It will be interesting over time.

I think from an AMG point of view Mercedes are struggling the M cars had a strong year last year.

I do think if its all the engine downsizing affecting buyer habits for the base models for AMG like C63 etc.

It will be interesting over time.
It has to be the lack of love for the 4 pot and electric motor on the later cars.
Mercedes made a serious error in scrapping the V8 prematurely in their lead selling C and E classes IMO, but time will tell if these smaller cc AMGs will eventually sell. I have my doubts.

It has to be the lack of love for the 4 pot and electric motor on the later cars.
Mercedes made a serious error in scrapping the V8 prematurely in their lead selling C and E classes IMO, but time will tell if these smaller cc AMGs will eventually sell. I have my doubts.
I agree with your sentiment, especially for the C/E - I don't think people will buy it if there is other cars available with V8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom