Can someone explain the eco symbol ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E class cabriolet 2017
Hi , My 2017 E-Class has an economy graphic on the dash, I know it has something to do with MPG and economical driving - Its a small green circle about the size of a 10p , cut into thirds ( a bit like a little green merc badge) one third is a picture of a foot on a pedal - one is a revolving wheel and one is a set of scales - Obviously its all to do with balancing the best economy , but I cant work out what I,m supposed to be doing exactly ?????????????

Look on you tube it explains it well enough.

Hmmm , So is that it ? Just basic stuff weve all known for donkeys Lol , Theyve obviously gone to a lot of trouble designing it - Just thought there would be more in depth info to be gained. But OK if thats all it does then I will endevour to keep it all green. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Hmmm , So is that it ? Just basic stuff weve all known for donkeys Lol , Theyve obviously gone to a lot of trouble designing it - Just thought there would be more in depth info to be gained. But OK if thats all it does then I will endevour to keep it all green. Thanks everyone.
It's what many of us have known for a long time but I believe it is for the generation that need "Hot" written on a coffee cup. "it's not my fault I cut my finger off, I wasn't told the knife would be sharp!"

If it’s displayed It means you aren’t having any fun or driving it properly :rolleyes:

Exactly. I didnt buy a v6 e350 to faff about economy. Hold the left paddle for 4 seconds at 60 mph and see what happens. Asda 1.11 a litre enough said. Get to 70 get to 9th ASAP. Lifes to short and the ozone is knackered anyways.

It's what many of us have known for a long time but I believe it is for the generation that need "Hot" written on a coffee cup. "it's not my fault I cut my finger off, I wasn't told the knife would be sharp!"
Or “this product may contain nuts” on a packet of peanuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom