Can someone identify this part ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6cyl

Car
CLS320 CDI
Hi,
I'm trying to get a replacement. Anyone know what I should be asking/ searching for ?
Even better if you have the MB part number.

Thanks

Not good news I'm afraid. Only the whole air duct with MAFs is listed.....

Hi Alec,
thanks for your reply.
Not ideal - the only bit that needs changing is the little concertina boot, everything else is fine.

A small airleak there is not critical being upstream of the Mass airflow sensor on that side. It would draw a small amount of unfiltered air from under the bonnet rather than thro the air filter. This might be at a different temperature and be slightly oil vapour laden but maybe not enough to matter if the leak is small- it might throw an engine code if the MAS didn't like it. As Alecmascot says it normally comes as one unit DUCTING +2MAS + TWO BOOTS= expensive ! Other off the wall thought is that depending on th extent of the damage you might be able to effect a temporary/semi-permanent repair using a CV boot repair kit- this one with self amalgamating tape looks good- with the benefit you could do this off the car?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Graeme,
interesting idea with the CV boot kit.
The existing MAF boot has a small tear, that's likely to get worse.
The air filters on the CLS wasn't designed well, too small for the application I reckon. The filters are filthy within 8 months and affect the performance and efficiency. The one on the C class is much better, it's 4 times the area.

The reason I'm looking for a replacement is that it has a small split. It'll last till another filter change I reckon. I'll get a CV boot patch kit and try that, once the weather warms up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom