Can someone tell me urgently...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
What wheels were originally on a R129 SL320 AUTO from the factory?

Thankyou! :thumb:

What year?

Not sure if a VIN decoder says which wheels were fitted but if you post the VIN # I'm sure someone will check for you.

Depends on vintage. Probably 16" Alamaks (aka 8-holes) for earlier ones; Monkars, Albalis or Sadors on later cars.

Last edited:
1998 R, Sorry I dont have the VIN

Last edited:
I'd take a stab that the most common option for that year would be Albali's

4308-l.jpg

Are they easily found on ebay? how much am I looking at for a set?

Not hugely common, but you stand a good chance of finding a set from someone who upgraded.

They're largely ignored by buyers in favour of AMG's, so they don't command massive sums.

What should I be searching for? A search done on ebay (SL Alloys, wheels) both with and without tyres turned up one set of Albali's and they are 700 pounds..

It will be a case of keeping up the general searches, they are rarely listed on ebay by their model names.

Place a wanted ad here, as I mentioned a lot of people have them from upgrades but have never really considered selling. I have a set of 8-holes and a set of Brabus Monoblock IV's in storage from previous fitments to the SL.

Last edited:
Thanks guys :thumb:

Just to add that on the '96-'97 SL280/320/500 the standard wheel was actually the 12-hole alloy. 8-hole wheels were a factory option (£189.23 :)).

The SL600 got 8-holes as standard, and the SL60 had the AMG split-rims.

Just to add that on the '96-'97 SL280/320/500 the standard wheel was actually the 12-hole alloy. 8-hole wheels were a factory option (£189.23 :)).

The SL600 got 8-holes as standard, and the SL60 had the AMG split-rims.

This one?
2688-l.jpg

That's the one.

On the price list they are just referred to as '12 hole design' and '8 hole' ... doesn't even give the diameter (16")!

Lovely, according to Chris Murray's site they are 16" Monkars.

Are they easily found on ebay? how much am I looking at for a set?

I'll be needing to get rid of my Albalis soon as I'm going to be upgrading. They are alright but probably worth refurbing before use. I doubt they'll be worth an awful lot (maybe £200 or so for the set).

What you looking to upgrade to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom