can someone that knows about SL navigation disk call me asap please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blaser24nig

Car
Stunning SL350
As per the title...

Call needed asap...

07720 619 870

Hi, I feel sure someone will help, I am no expert but I know there are several types of Navigation aids,depending on what year and type of system. If you post that It will make things easier for them to help you.

bah... beaten to it by seconds...

Sorry guys, I was at the dealers and they gave me the 2011/2012 disc but my comand kept saying wrong format or similar, tried a 2007 and a 2010 disc and it said the same aswell so was trying to find out what I was doing wrong as the dealers didn't have a clue like me. At the back of the disc it actually says its for my car but seems my comand can't read them...

I also tried comand online but no answer...

Last edited:
Your car have a navigation processor in the boot? If so then it has Comand NTG1, only disc that will work is obviously the NTG1 disc.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Mercedes Navigation Disks :: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2011/2012 (V12.0) for E (W211), SL, SLK, Maybach, S (W220), CL (W215), CLS

If you had a very early disc then your nav processor needs a firmware update to recognise anything after V7.

Hey, it has a dvd rom drive in the front and not in the boot. Its the wide screen one.

No such unit. Comand NTG1 which does have a dvd drive in the headunit (not for nav) and is widescreen has a sepearate navigation processor in the boot, the navigation dvd does not go in the headunit and wont work in the headunit.

The older CD based 2.0 Comand (it is not widescreen) for which you need Teleatlas / COMAND DX discs takes the navigation disc in the headunit itself. Common problem with these units to fail to read the disc because of a dirty laser.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Mercedes Navigation Disks :: United Kingdom

What year is the car?

Last edited:
A 2006 SL with COMAND can only have Comand NTG1. The navigation disc does NOT go in the headunit. Have a read of your COMAND manual.

Oh no... I think that was the problem then as I was putting the disc in the dvd rom drive...

Thank you so much, will check when I get home and update...

From reading your other thread again I bet your nav disc is in the navigation drive. If so looks like you owe the dealer an apology for accusing them of stealing your disc and you should had that new disc back.

My 06 w211 comand aps ntg1 plays video DVD in the headunit and the nav computer is in the boot.
My 06 w203 comand aps ntg2 looks identical to ntg1 but nav dvd goes in the headunit and does not play video dvd
Both are widescreen and look virtually identical with widescreen and same buttons.

From reading your other thread again I bet your nav disc is in the navigation drive. If so looks like you owe the dealer an apology for accusing them of stealing your disc and you should had that new disc back.

I didn't take the disc from them, going back there on monday, will be home in 5 minutes so would update..

this just got interesting :bannana:

Not half...

I think we need "that phone call" recording...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom