Can this be corrected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
New car to me and previous owner has left this on black trim around windows.
Obviously acid attack of some in the products used.
Any way to correct this?
IMG_5325.jpeg

I doubt it,looks like it has been through a hand car wash and they have used a strong cleaner on it,and it has marked the plastic.

I think this has been asked before and the general consensus was it would need replacing

The cla45 that I recently bought was like that on all of the black gloss trim around the windows. When I viewed the car, I saw it and thought that I would have to have it wrapped. I had a look at what products I had in my garage stash and I had some ultima paint prep (something I bought when it was on offer). I hand polished it and it came off really easily. I was very surprised. Might have some photos but it was just like that.

Some photos before I polished it. It looked really bad close up and I bought the car thinking I'd be having it wrapped. Good as new now.

Last edited:
The cla45 that I recently bought was like that on all of the black gloss trim around the windows. When I viewed the car, I saw it and thought that I would have to have it wrapped. I had a look at what products I had in my garage stash and I had some ultima paint prep (something I bought when it was on offer). I hand polished it and it came off really easily. I was very surprised. Might have some photos but it was just like that.

Some photos before I polished it. It looked really bad close up and I bought the car thinking I'd be having it wrapped. Good as new now.

Good job. Do you have an after pic? I have been trying various products for some time but can't sort out mine.

EDIT - just ordered this:

Last edited:
I really thought mine would need wrapping. I even discussed it with the chap on here who I bought the car from when I viewed it. It looked like wrapping was the only solution. I thought it had had harsh chemicals on it and there was no fixing it so I was surprised.
Hope it works for you and you get sorted. I don't have any after photos but it looks like it never happened.
I used the polish because I had it already in my stash and it was for paint so I thought if it's safe on paint, it will be safe on the trim and I thought the trim was past saving anyway :)

Using polish also fixes the black trim on both my own car, and my wife's

My car has the same issues, tried loads of different potions suggested on Detailing World. None worked

kc

I had the same on the black panel above the windscreen on my convertible, came up good with hand polishing, you may need to do it a couple of times, it returned after 2 years but a repeat put it right.

OP here, I have ordered the Ultima prep - fingers crossed it works for me too

Had the same problem on one of my other cars tried everything but to no avail ended up spraying them with a can of black paint

So my bottle of Ultima prep arrived today and it has definitely improved the appearance, not perfect yet so may try using again. Thanks for the heads up....

Thanks for letting us know, and tomorrow ?

What will have happened ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom