Can you beat Palfrem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
Just read his post about his Toyota Landcruiser. In short, he has done a tad under 24,000 miles in 12 months. This is in the LC, whether he drives another vehicle I know not. This for me is roughly FIVE years motoring.
Is there anyone that can top 24K miles in 12 months?

My SLK has 24K on the clock and it'll be 8 years old this year!

Cheers,

Gaz

Yes, easily. I spent a year commuting, doing a daily 140-mile round trip. That's 30K miles a year, and it doesn't include weekend mileage in my other car. I didn't do it in a LandCruiser, though.

My estate has done 33k in 12 months...plus I did about 6k in the coupe on top of it.

My best was just over 35k in 1987.

When I lived on Merseyside and worked at Slough and was a country manager I did an E220 60k lease in 17 months - god that car went through back tyres like a supercar (inner shoulder wears out)

I am lucky in that I have never had to commute. Whilst in the Forces I did some stellar mileages, but now I am retired driving is just social. Also lucky in that the roads up here (Scotland) are a lot less busy than down south.:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

I regularly used to do 50k per year in a Volvo T5, BMW M3 and Subaru Legacy spec B, I knew the A1, A66, M74 and A70 like the back of my hand and could drive it blindfold :D

Mine tends to vary quite a lot, I usually work in Northamptonshire, sometimes Banbury so it bumps the mileage up a bit but then it gets left at home or airport for a bit for a rest!

I've done between 35-70k miles a year for the last 17 years.
Antiques dealer!

My Fireblade has done 3500 miles from new - 1997 P Reg.

I think I lose.

I am curently averaging 27k per year in the Merc, travelling between Newcastle, Leicester and Birmingham. I am also doing approximately 5,000 miles a year in the 5 series.

My current car has done 23k in 7 years , but I once drive over 1k miles in a day a few years back

I've done about 20k in a 700cc smart car in about a year... maybe it doesn't beat it in volume, but the per-cc mileage certainly does :p

I achieved just over half a million miles on motorcycles over a period of about seven years when I was a little younger and better able to tolerate the cold.

Used to do 28k a year in commuting mileage alone. Then another 8-10k in visiting family and all other personal mileage etc.
When I started seeing my then girlfriend in Cardiff I did over 10k visiting her on the weekends.

Occasionally I had to drive vans for work which some days was up to newcastle and back in a day. I never recorded how many annual miles I did for this but that could easily rack up.

I used to estimate that I did between 55k and 60k a year. Did that for nearly 5 years and got a bit sick of all the driving/motorcycle riding.

I now live 3 miles from work and do between 10-15k miles all in.

No more huge annual a mileages. Have driven to/from Cyprus though. Used to do 24,000 p.a. (1989- 1992) when biking……no car then. Regularly see 39+ mpg on 3.0L automatic Vito though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom