Can you cancel automatic mirror curb view in reverse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joyful

Car
W208 CLK 320 Avantgarde Cabriolet 2001
I have to back along way up a dead end serveral times a day to my house.

I am finding the automatic curb control of the near side mirror every time you go in reverse very tedious, as you then have to adjust the mirror manually.

Is there some way of stopping the programme?

On my 210 this can be switched off not sure how on the clk though

Does it still do it if you set the selector switch to the driver's mirror?

On a 208 , if you leave the mirror selector on drivers mirror , it will not dip the passengers mirror when you select reverse.

Switching the mirror selector to the driver's side worked for my 12 year old CLK and my brand new C350, so probably works for all mercs with the curb view feature.

You could always set the 'kerb' position as the same position as you use for normal driving, hence it won't move when in reverse :)

Sorry to jump in on your thread Joyful, but I just wanted to ask if this is a standard feature or option?

My 2006 CLK does not automatically changed to kerb view when I select reverse, I would like it to do this. I have tried with the nearside mirror being the active switch and also the offside. Maybe something I need looking at through Star?

Only works if you have the memory package?

on my 204 it cancels the function if you set to drivers mirror

On many vehicles you can turn this feature off in the instrument cluster.

It is only available on cars with memory as it needs the memory bit to put it back where it was before it dipped

R

Thank you all for your help.

Yes. when it is switched to drivers mirror it does not go to kerb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom