Can you connect 2 phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dbridge88

Car
Sprinter 2020
I have a 2020 sprinter and I was wondering can you connect 2 phones, 1 for calls and the other for media at the same time? I could in my 2018 VW van.
It looks possible in the device list but I can't get it to do it. Any help? Is it possible?

You can indeed 👍

I do this quite often in my w447 Vito. My phone auto connects via Bluetooth for phone calls.
My daughter plugs her phone into the USB to play her tunes.

I did this with both the Audio20 and COMAND NTG4.5 without any issues.

My phone connects automatically. My daughter then connects her phone manually from Device, Bluetooth.

Both phones remain connected. Mine for calls, her for streaming music.

I did this with both the Audio20 and COMAND NTG4.5 without any issues.

My phone connects automatically. My daughter then connects her phone manually from Device, Bluetooth.

Both phones remain connected. Mine for calls, her for streaming music.
Will both phones be connected for calls?

N
Will both phones be connected for calls?
No. My phone is connected for calls only, and my daughter's phone is connected for streaming music only.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that. I have usb c in my sprinter and when I plug my s20 into it a symbol shows next to the phone but I still can't seem to get the media to play through it. I want my iPhone for work calls and my s30 for media. Ideally I'd love android auto and my iPhone for just calls but I'm cant get that to work either. I'm usually very good with tech.

Have you tried connecting the S20 as Bluetooth Media Streaming device (i.e. not via cable)?

On my car this is done from DISK menu, under BT devices.

Have you tried connecting the S20 as Bluetooth Media Streaming device (i.e. not via cable)?

On my car this is done from DISK menu, under BT devices.
Yes I've tried it. As soon as I press the other phone for calls, it switches all functions to that phone. I can't get it to connect both. Beginning to think the sprinter is not as advanced as my 2018 VW transporter. Disappointing for a mercedes.

Which audio system is it? Is it the 7" screen with basic MBUX function? If it is you need to select each device and assign its priorities, you select which ones are calls and which ones are streaming devices, under sources it should list all devices connected and How (cable, bt, USB1 etc). There is a settings box at the end of each device name you touch/scroll to and you can adjust properties, volume offset/preset etc. Apple devices however you need to pay attention to the order they are connected via USB (I have old ipod and newer ipod touch for streamed content), it will only stream from one and supply power to other. I read this in a manual somewhere but cant find it now.

However, If you didn't get optional Android Auto/Carplay you may not be able to use both, I'm not that familiar with the Sprinter version I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom