Can you guess what this doo-da is for??(w124)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonsheaf

Car
S124 24V 300D
After stripping out the rear/middle carpet section and front seats on the 300D, I've been left with one of those parts that is just lurking on the floor of the car and I have no idea what it's from. Can you help please?? Here's a pic...

The lower section is soft foam.

Looks like some sort of anti rattle clip I'm guessing. I think it was lurking drivers side midway along the floor, so possibly has come from under the drivers seat???

I've just had a look on the EPC to confirm my theory, and failed, but, from memory it looks like a seat belt guider from within the 'B' pillar. Have they been taken off before by a PO?

Ahaa! Quite possibly. If it is, should I refit or leave as the belts retract fine and I don't want to prise apart even more trim and find a can of worms. It's daunting enough the car having just a metal floor staring back at me! (Good time to check for leaks though whilst it's tipping it down!!)

That description sounds like an anti-rattle spacer.

When I bought my car, I found what looked like a strimmer cord spool under the seat. I eventually decided it was a strimmer cord spool.

That description sounds like an anti-rattle spacer.

When I bought my car, I found what looked like a strimmer cord spool under the seat. I eventually decided it was a strimmer cord spool.

ha!!:D

No interior puddles so far!! Also the back end seems dry-- looks like the "Captain Tollys creeping crack cure" ridiculously named sealant did the job on those window seals!!

Jules Verne used a big sack load of these to allow others to follow his route to the earths centre. I would guess he walked through your 124 on the way. Follow the arrow.

Ha!
Interior all refitted this afternoon, that plastic wotsit lives half way up the B pillar initially glued to it, guiding the belt/stopping it slapping? I refitted it as yes, it appeared the trim had been unclipped in the past.

Captain creepy crack makes a (well known in the Marine world) sealant that is water based and seems to be similar to the now unavailable Comma seek 'n seal sunroof/window leak sealer. Did the job for me *, the hardest part was removing all the silicone the previous owner had smeared about and then fingerprinted about!

* so far...

Last edited:
B pillar clip just under where the seatbelt adjustment bit is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom