Can you recommend a dipstick oil extractor/syringe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeddyRuxpin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2x E350 CDI Sport W212s... for a bit
Hi,

Does anyone know of a cheap syringe/tube that would allow some overfilled oil to be extracted via the dipstick on a OM642 engine? Most of the ones on amazon come with tubes that don't seem to be long enough to reach the sump, nor do they look thin enough to fit in the dipstick tube.

I'm also interested in recommendations for a larger unit, that might be able to extract all of the oil from the sump for future oil changes - I've seen quite a few people here say that they do their oil changes this way.

Cheers,

Ed

Last edited:
Lidl, as above. I think they are around £10. Never used one myself but they seem to be popular.

yes I got my oil pump from Lidl think was about £10-12 pounds and used it for my oil changes via dip tube. works great, I also have a cheap big plastic syringe with long length of vacuum hose I use for fluids extraction, oil, break, coolant ect

some people bought lots from lidle and sell on ebay at a premium usually £20

Tezz

Thanks guys, I'll pop to Lidl next time I'm out. I'm also slightly more tempted by the large hand pump one linked above, for some reason.

@Tezz - can you suggest the cheap syringe for getting out smaller amounts? Did you purchase the hose separately? I'm looking for a solution that could get e.g. ~500ml out

Cheers

yes I got my oil pump from Lidl think was about £10-12 pounds and used it for my oil changes via dip tube. works great, I also have a cheap big plastic syringe with long length of vacuum hose I use for fluids extraction, oil, break, coolant ect

some people bought lots from lidle and sell on ebay at a premium usually £20

Tezz
Just look on ebay not expensive £2, I went to local shop and got some tube to fit but to be honest If Lidl have the pumps in stock, run and get one they work great and German made I cant fault mine

Tezz

just get 100ml syringe pop to local shop for either some vacuum hose, breather hose or washer hose usually about £2 a meter think I used 2m should cost no more that £5 for syringe and hose

PS that pump I posted link to is same as sold in Aldi

I ordered this for the time being to correct a bit of an overfill, then will get the bigger pumps later, cheers!

+1 for the Pela 6000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom