Can you remap a lease car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

As some of you will know I'm due to take delivery of an E220 BlueTec auto saloon on a 2 year lease. I intend to extend it to 4 years.

As its a big car and maybe a little under powered I'm thinking remap.

Is this something that I shouldn't be doing as its a lease car?

Any/all advise very welcome.

Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
As some of you will know. I'm due to take delivery of an E220 BlueTec auto saloon on a 2 year lease. I intend to extend it to 4 years.

As its a big car and maybe a little under powered I'm thinking remap.

Is this something that I shouldn't be doing as its a lease car?

Any/all advise very welcome.

Ant. :thumb:

Hi Ant get a tdi tuning box and when you change the car they will programme it for the next one as long it's diesel.
Or visit msl and get acid to map it.

Thanks Bruno.

But what I mean is:

1) when the car goes for servicing at MB Carlisle will they detect the remap?

2) will it effect the manufacturers warranty?

3) if caught could I get my hands slapped?

We're is MSL?

ANT.

Birmingham, my Vito was mapped from new and I've used the warranty a few times and they never said nothing.

A tuning box can be removed for servicing

Warranty is technically void

Yes you could get a slap if caught

MSL is in Birmingham

Tuning box eliminates all the above

A tuning box can be removed for servicing

Warranty is technically void

Yes you could get a slap if caught

MSL is in Birmingham

Tuning box eliminates all the above

OK, now I'm scared! :eek:

Don't be scared just get the tuning box and push that pedal baby! :thumb:

Tuning box can be annoying at times my Vito had one to start with but after several times going to limp mode I upgraded it to a remap.

Tuning box can be annoying at times my Vito had one to start with but after several times going to limp mode I upgraded it to a remap.

I've only ever had remaps and to be fair the C63 is perfect except it has made the box quite jerky at low speed but overall I think remaps are better.

Had my beloved transit remapped to 155bhp (Quantum) because it's always full of heavy tools and tow trailer regularly. The extra power is great and MPG untouched.

Had a price for quantum remap on E220 at Carlisle so not really wanting to travel to Birmingham TBH.

Ant.

If you get a box get one that sits on at least the boost rail as well as the fuel rail, even better get one that uses the cam position sensor too. But for your car it will be either fuel, or fuel and boost.

DTUK do advanced ones like these if you don't want to pay for a Brabus one. They are very good.

Is it a lease or a PCP deal?

If it is a lease I really wouldn't mess around with a remap, you are hiring a car, if something goes wrong, which it could, they could come after you for the list price of the car.
A remap can be found.

So can a tuning box, it will leave parameters in the ecu logging that couldn't be caused by anything else, but unless you admit it when asked what can they do?

If you get a box get one that sits on at least the boost rail as well as the fuel rail, even better get one that uses the cam position sensor too. But for your car it will be either fuel, or fuel and boost.

DTUK do advanced ones like these if you don't want to pay for a Brabus one. They are very good.

Tdi tuning ones are like that and my van still went to limp mode

Glad I asked now. I'm thinking maybe best left alone.

I only thought about it because had the van done 2 years ago and it's been wonderful. But if there's a risk involved in remapping a lease car then can't really see the point.

It's a lease, not a PCP

Ant

Lease, enjoy and cruise around! I do think you should have gone for white though ;)

Glad I asked now. I'm thinking maybe best left alone.

I only thought about it because had the van done 2 years ago and it's been wonderful. But if there's a risk involved in remapping a lease car then can't really see the point.

It's a lease, not a PCP

Ant

Lease a 63 instead! Lol!

Keep an open mind on how it performs, you may be pleasantly surprised, with the 7 g auto and sport mode, they do move pretty well. with the diesel, the more miles you put on it the better it goes, I usually trade mine after around 3 years with about 40,000 MLS. and always feel its going better than ever, the MPG improves over time as well, give it a good few months first, get it all beded in, I think you'll enjoy it, hope so.

Lease, enjoy and cruise around! I do think you should have gone for white though ;)

Stock cars Stu. Would have loved white but only had Tenorite Grey or Black. We ordered Tenorite.

Lease a 63 instead! Lol!

My dream car Bruno in any form. I'd love to. Maybe one day mate. :thumb:

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom