Can you retrofit orthopaedic front seats from another car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tobyd@callnetuk

Hi,
Can you retrofit orthopaedic front seats from another car? Would the air bit plug into the central locking pump?
Thanks

I was only thinking this the other day, i dont know the answer but am curious:)

Quite a few e55 amg seem to have these fitted, w210 shape.

I thought the pump under the rear seat was a vac pump and you would need a pressure pump to inflate the seat bags or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Lynall

interesting, I was wondering whether you could run this through a liberated W220 computer to get a massage function which is very relaxing

the seat cushions are also different on the orthopedic seats (they are on my 124 anyway). They have a bit of material that stretches where stitching usually is to accomodate the movment of the cushions.

when i removed my seats there was a vacuum pipe that connected to it all - everything else (on my 124 atleast) was on the seat-side as far as i can tell. Obviously you'll need to pipe in the vacuum pipe along with the electics.

Hi,
Can you retrofit orthopaedic front seats from another car? Would the air bit plug into the central locking pump?
Thanks

Can be fitted if you have the correct seats or parts. You will need a special air pump for the seat(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom