Can you retrofit Parktronic to a C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEnglish

I live in Canada and just ordered a C63. However, Parktronic is not available as an option here. I know there are 3rd party systems out there but I'd rather get the original MB parts. So, can Parktronic be retrofitted and what are the parts I need?

Is this a sedan or a wagon (both exists, don't know if they do in Canada)?

Parktronic is not "an official retrofit item", i.e. it is not available as a parts kit and covered by workshop instructions but you should find quite a few here at the forum that have done it for a W203 (I understand that your car is a 204?77). But it does involve quite a lot of work for the wiring. Don't remember how the displays are built on a W204, the traditional separate display at the front and one at the rear or is the front integrated to the IC like on a W221.

But how can it be that Parktronic would not be available at all as an option? I did not check it but AMG parts should not make a difference.

Only the sedan is available in North America.

I know it's not an offical "retrofit' system but I imagine that since it's an option in Europe most of the wiring should be in place. Most dealers offer third party "parking systems" but they are not up to the quality of original Mercedes OEM parts. If I could find out the parts needed then I could see if the dealer could just order them in.

Another example is Keyless Go. It is available in Europe and Canada but not in the US or the UK (from what I understand).

Keyless Go would be more difficult to retrofit. But also with the Parktronic you are assuming wrong when expecting the car being pre-wired for Parktronic if it comes with that option for some markets. It is amazing how far the basic harnesses are optimised to the exact options the car has (specifically when taking into account the fact that just about every option can be ordered independently from others in Europe).

I would not install any after market Parktronic parts to a new 204.077. I would figure out the necessary parts from EPC, a retrofit expert might help and even supply the parts. Wait until most wake up in UK (at this forum) and start providing details.

You sure can do that, not as easy as the old C class because of the setup but the dealer will be able to order all the parts and they will have instructions on installing and removing them so its just a case of really following the instructions and using some common sense for the wiring harness routing.

Might also be a good time to drop in the wiring for KG while the car is taken apart, I've not checked for the 204 but this wiring might be integrated into the FFU and in that case the dealer would have to be prepared to custom make the KG harness for it to be economically viable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom