Can you stop 'service due' message?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenmercedes

Car
W203 C240 (LPG conversion) RIP
On starting, the dash throws up the 'service due in 600 miles' message, after a minute, it disappears. Is there a way to stop this? I know it's due, it's booked in, I don't need a reminder everytime I start the engine! LOL
2001 W203 C240

It's amazing how quick one covers the miles, i rung Merc and booked mine in when it was due in 400 miles and in the two weeks while i waited for a courtesy car it was 200 miles over due.

For those two weeks though it popped up every day but just push one og the steering wheel controls if you have them and it disapears no biggie.

I have a silly question, on the instructions kindly guided by MikeInWimbledon, they are as follows:

Reset Service Indicator
1. Insert key into ignition, switch to position “1“.
2. Press buttons or repeatedly until the mileage is displayed within the Multifunction display.
3. Press cluster illumination button (1) 3 times in short succession. The battery voltage will be displayed and an audible signal will sound.
4. Turn key in ignition to position “2”
5. Press the up / buttons until the service menu appears.
6. Press cluster illumination button (1) once. The Oil Type menu is displayed.
7. Use the and buttons to select the oil used for the service.
8. Press the up / buttons to confirm. The display will show: “Reset Oil Confirmation. Push R-Button for 3 seconds”.
9. Press and hold the cluster illumination button (1) for 3 seconds. The message “Service confirmed” is displayed.
MB

In point No. 8, it says, press the 'R' button for 3 seconds... where is the 'R' button?

It's most likely the button to reset your trip counter

If you reset the service indicator ahead of the service itself, then please make sure you ask the garage NOT to reset it again when they carry-out the service, or it will confuse ASSYST.

If you don't want to reset the service indicator, pressing the ok or enter button usually immediately deletes whatever messsge is showing on the dash.

If you don't want to reset the service indicator, pressing the ok or enter button usually immediately deletes whatever messsge is showing on the dash.
On my W203 pressing OK made the message go away.

On my W204 the message just goes away after a few seconds, no need to press anything.

On my W204 the message just goes away after a few seconds, no need to press anything.
There is no 'OK' button, but 2nd statement is true, goes away itself after a few seconds, but irritating nonetheless, but livable with!

Agreed, it just removes whatever message is displayed more quickly.

On starting, the dash throws up the 'service due in 600 miles' message, after a minute, it disappears. Is there a way to stop this? I know it's due, it's booked in, I don't need a reminder everytime I start the engine! LOL
2001 W203 C240

Best to leave it until the car is actually serviced.

Best to leave it until the car is actually serviced.

Agreed, thats why i never done it on mine it didn't seem like a good idea to reset things just before taking it in for a service so i just pressed the steering control and it went away until the next time i started the car. I'd only reset it if i was maintaining the car myself.

When is yours booked in?

As before: Google is a quicker way of solving RTFM problems.

Unsure why you posted again, the 1st post you gave led me straight to it! LOL

Attachments

• Reset service indicator - Guide.pdf
    341.3 KB · Views: 3
Unsure why you posted again, the 1st post you gave led me straight to it! LOL

Because you said: "In point No. 8, it says, press the 'R' button for 3 seconds... where is the 'R' button?"

That Mercedes reset procedure document answers your question.

Who said oil sounds expensive?

I did, as do all the people who manually reset the service indicator because they're delaying, or not, getting their car serviced.

A glance at Autotrader shows most cars aren't scheduled anywhere near the MB service recommendations.

I did, as do all the people who manually reset the service indicator because they're delaying, or not, getting their car serviced.

A glance at Autotrader shows most cars aren't scheduled anywhere near the MB service recommendations.
All of them?

All of them?

No, but you must admit that the OP is the odd one out here... I mean, how many people would reset the service indicator when they already have their car booked for a service in a few days' time?

The OP wants to do this and that's fine, it's his car, but the majority of people who reset the service indicator themselves most probably do this either because they carried-out the service DIY, or because they are planning on delaying (or skipping altogether) the next service due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom