Can you stop 'service due' message?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, but you must admit that the OP is the odd one out here... I mean, how many people would reset the service indicator when they already have their car booked for a service in a few days' time?

It's actually a few weeks (don't do a big mileage at the moment) but I get the point - I'm odd LOL :) Have decided just to tolerate the message until serviced...

On a 17 year old car I'd probably be using my local mechanic who doesn't reset the service indicator.
Fluid and filter changes will be more than enough for a car worth less than a couple of thousand.

Have decided just to tolerate the message until serviced...

Why not just press the reset button as shown in the service reset warning procedure, as in the SECOND link I posted ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a mb2 and reset it using that. Manually I recall you can set it to 9999 days until the next warning . something like that .

Why bother then . just let it blow up.
I genuinely do not understand your comment. Why would I spend £130 on a device to delete a message which as pointed out in previous posts, can be got rid of for free with MB built in systems? I've no intention of letting it blow up LOL

I genuinely do not understand your comment. Why would I spend £130 on a device to delete a message which as pointed out in previous posts, can be got rid of for free with MB built in systems? I've no intention of letting it blow up LOL

The i980 would do it £50 . its a useful tool not just for resetting the service message. I just thought you were a bit inept at understanding the reset procedure and that using an obd2 scanner would be easier for you .

For elimination of doubt, once again, here's the workflow, with a photo of the button that needs to be pressed.

No computer required.

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 05.01.42.png

Got it, honestly I really got it! LOL Just got confused initially when it said 'press the R button' and I could not see an R button, but I swear to god, I have now got it despite me being inept...:D

yay !!!!

Well, serviced this morning, & quite a few £100s lighter, but all sorted now for a wee while...

new service LoRes.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom