Can you usually tell a D1ckhead on first impressions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So now it's not just Audi drivers but drivers of black Audi's that are to be pigeon holed. I must remember to change my driving attitude when I get out of my Mercedes and get into my Audi. :( :rolleyes:

Ahhhh

You make the assumption that that when you get into your Audi that your attitude doesn't change all by itself. Dr Jekyll doesn't need a potion - he just steps from one car to another.

;)

Has anyone, actually pidgeon holed, Black Audis, I certainly didn't in the original post, I was simply saying what car it was, it just happened to be a Black Audi, perhaps in hindsight, just Audi would have sufficed. :) 👍

Post #11 in this thread.

Post #11 in this thread.

Sorry, don't follow, nobody has pidgeon holed black Audi's or any Audi's, certainly not me, I simply stated a fact, it was a Black Audi, if it would have been a Black Peugeot or black any car or any colour for that matter I would have said that.

Stereotypes can adapt to the times, as beautifully demonstrated by these informal but informative factual documentaries:

2008 - Owning an Audi was safe, BMW not so....

2014/15 - Owning a BMW is now safe as all the cocks are in Audi's.....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So it's not just me then!

Same with my daughter.
She (or Mrs Ringway) can't see it at first but I know pretty quickly if a guy is a wrong 'un.

Love is blind and all that, eh?

Yeh, strange isn't it, that dad knows
Not sure love is blind, more passion is blind

I was willing to give daughter #1's boyfriend the benefit of doubt, but on holiday with us in Thailand he showed he just wanted someone to mother him and clear up after him. I quietly put him right on that score and they split soon after. He went on to marry someone almost 20 years older than himself. I was right.

Daughter #2 got taken in by someone I later found was handy with his fists. I'll not be happy until I read his obituary.

Luckily, both now settled with great partners that I actually liked from the start, but yes, Dad's have that inbuilt sense of suitability that is rarely wrong I believe.

Luckily, both now settled with great partners that I actually liked from the start, but yes, Dad's have that inbuilt sense of suitability that is rarely wrong I believe.
Definitely. 👍

Our 15 year old daughter has just started dating a boy in her year. She’s been friends with him for 2 years so they already know each others personalities. We took him (and daughters to other pals) to Centre Parcs with us last year and must admit we (wife and I) warmed to this lad right away. Nice, polite, caring and funny.

Overruled by the boss, we employed a chap who was leaving the further education sector for a mid-range post with us. I judged him to be shifty and untrustworthy and managed him accordingly. I was not wrong about him.

I then learned that the rest of the staff always referred to him as "knobhead". I asked how long that had been happening. "Oh, from the first week" I was told.

He was openly referred to in meetings as "knobhead" and everyone knew who that meant.

We saw some knob heads filming themselves posing with replica guns whilst outside their C63 in McDonalds car park in Strood once. Proper gangsta like. First impression was the only impression needed......

Some good points, and yes I could have misjudged the whole situation, but I don't think I did.
Good name Smart...right on right on...

I suppose different things annoy, different people. :)
Why do Audis annoy you..?
Mines a nice Shiny BLACK one ...Oooh I bet ya seething...lol

As a ex colleague once said to me after a meeting with a Rep who had a special gift for verbal diarrhoea.

"I may not be a Gynaecologist but I know one when I see one!" ;)

I've seen some discusting behaviour of the female kind as well. Let's not just give the lads bad rep!!!!

Well, I think they were of the female type :dk:

In our house, all crappy drivers are "women drivers", irrespective of gender

We once had a supplier’s new sales rep come and address our sales and management team, his predecessor was very good, but this guy obviously had taken no notice at his handover, nor read any notes about our company - he was just dire, hardly knowing his products, yet we later found out he was not new to the company!

He finally finished, and our senior colleague showed him out, and none of us dare break the silent tension - until the boss came back - his first words being “how many Zeds in Wazzick?” which broke open the laughter flood gates.

OK, it might have been a case if ‘you had to be there’, but I’ve not forgotten it, many years later.

He finally finished, and our senior colleague showed him out, and none of us dare break the silent tension - until the boss came back - his first words being “how many Zeds in Wazzick?” which broke open the laughter flood gates.

I thought the word was “wazzock”.

Either .... but that's the kind of moment many of us remember when in harness ... a point frozen in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom