Can you usually tell a D1ckhead on first impressions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You’re way too good lucking Rob, I fear you’d break the internet. 😎
I’d like to think that’s the reason my modeling career hasn’t really taken off - I’m too handsome and not quirky enough. 😁

I don't like to make instant judgements, but I'm rarely wrong, especially when it comes to both daughter's previous boyfriends.

I was proven spectacularly correct on two occasions.

So it's not just me then!

Same with my daughter.
She (or Mrs Ringway) can't see it at first but I know pretty quickly if a guy is a wrong 'un.

Love is blind and all that, eh?

Well you seem to have to overanalysed it.

You had the whole situation assesssed and summed up with "Black Audi". Possible even just at "Audi"

Of course you maybe missed the blue badge and the legitimate exemption for the face mask - and your judgmement of the approach speed may be a bit off.

But I think as long as we trust your ability to recognise cars then it's an open and shut case.
Why defend dickheads? We all know that there many are out there and that they don't give a damn about anyone except themselves.

Yeh, strange isn't it, that dad knows
Not sure love is blind, more passion is blind

Some women just seem to prefer losers or bad boys. I've never understood it. Maybe they want something unlike dad. My sister has spent her life going from one loser to the next!

..................... 'The power of accurate observation and foresight is commonly called cynicism by those who don't possess it'
Lovely.

IMO we increasingly live in a world where bad manners and poor behaviour is considered acceptable. People who do not know how to behave or have bad manners, simply do not know that they are that way. They think that the rest of us are fools to behave the way we do.

I often wonder if the people that are quick to defend poor behaviour, selfishness etc do the same thing the dickheads do!!

Strangely I also had a moment with a driver of a black Audi at Aldi. He parked in the parent's parking bays (loads of other parking a bit further away) jumped out the car with 3 mates. I called him out on it and he pointed at one of his mates and said "he acts like a child". I told him he is an ****hole, my wife told me I'm going to get beaten up. o_O

DICKHEAD. And yes, they are usually easy to spot!

........and now, I wait for the hand wringers and his fellow dickheads to defend him.

Why defend dickheads? We all know that there many are out there and that they don't give a damn about anyone except themselves.

Sigh: Try reading the post again.

Note the line about the Audi near the beginning - and the reference to open and shut case at the end.

And also note that the topic is about first impressions.

Made me laugh that did. 😊

I guess we all like different things and different people. Imagine you and I were best pals. Known each other from school. There was nothing about each other we didn’t like.

Then I arranged a 50th birthday party for myself. Invited all my amazing other pals that I loved. It’d be foolish to assume that you liked all my other friends despite the fact you liked me.

There’s so many variables in people, just because I like Joe Wilkinson (and I do, very much) doesn’t mean you have to In order for us to get on.
Intrigues me to find out that an avatar can effect an opinion of a person. 🤔

Happy to change avatar. Give me a few alternatives. 😁
Until you said his name I hadn't heard of Joe Wilkinson, I assumed your avatar was you. I looked him up and am now better informed. 😊

I would be a lot happier if they said; " I was sitting in my car"
That way, at least, I could be sure they were able to speak English
I put the comma in after "at least" for you because...you forgot it.

So now it's not just Audi drivers but drivers of black Audi's that are to be pigeon holed. I must remember to change my driving attitude when I get out of my Mercedes and get into my Audi. :( :rolleyes:

Is your first immpressions, that someone is a kn0bhead usually right? For example, I'm sat in me car, this morning on Starbucks car park, opposite, Tesco Express having me coffee like I usually do, when a Black Audi convertible comes in much faster then need be, so straight away I'm thinking Mmmm D1ckhead, he then parks in a Disabled bay, gets out, drops litter, then goes in Tesco with no mask on, so my first impression was correct. Anyone else done this?
I’m with you.
Your written English is fine by me BTW.

So now it's not just Audi drivers but drivers of black Audi's that are to be pigeon holed. I must remember to change my driving attitude when I get out of my Mercedes and get into my Audi. :( :rolleyes:
Has anyone, actually pidgeon holed, Black Audis, I certainly didn't in the original post, I was simply saying what car it was, it just happened to be a Black Audi, perhaps in hindsight, just Audi would have sufficed. :) 👍

Some women just seem to prefer losers or bad boys. I've never understood it. Maybe they want something unlike dad. My sister has spent her life going from one loser to the next!
Oh, that’s what both my wives saw in me then :cool:

Has anyone, actually pidgeon holed, Black Audis, I certainly didn't in the original post, I was simply saying what car it was, it just happened to be a Black Audi, perhaps in hindsight, just Audi would have sufficed. :) 👍
Or maybe just “car”? But this is a motoring forum, so although irrelevant a partial description of the car does help to paint a picture of the incident. Perhaps it’s because I don’t have a grudge against black Audis that I didn’t pick up on it.

Yeh, strange isn't it, that dad knows
Not sure love is blind, more passion is blind
Dads and daughters eh, many a time in the past I have wished that I’d fitted that outward opening door, “ ah, no one there” or removed the handle from inside the under stairs cupboard, “ yip, she’s in there”.
Mine too have found themselves with” oddballs” but perhaps no one would ever be good enough for our daughters, except ones like us Dads.

At least we now understand your defensiveness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom