Can you usually tell a D1ckhead on first impressions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Is your first immpressions, that someone is a kn0bhead usually right? For example, I'm sat in me car, this morning on Starbucks car park, opposite, Tesco Express having me coffee like I usually do, when a Black Audi convertible comes in much faster then need be, so straight away I'm thinking Mmmm D1ckhead, he then parks in a Disabled bay, gets out, drops litter, then goes in Tesco with no mask on, so my first impression was correct. Anyone else done this?

I can pretty much suss somebody out in around 30 seconds using a number of factors that I’m not going to disclose. It’s a bit judgemental but it does work.

First impressions are last impressions.

I dont think you can, just because someone does something to justify the tag once doesn't necessarily mean they do it all the time otherwise we would all be d1ckheads.

Yes I think you can,and not only with car driving ,but of course it is very obvious when you watch the antics of some car drivers,had a cracker yesterday,it was the evening rush hour on the A120 I saw a black BMW trying to push the outside lane along when the weight of traffic meant that 40/50 mph was the best you could do,he flashed his lights a couple of times but it had no effect,now for those who do not know this road there is a turn off for Clacton on Sea,now the game for some of the brain dead like this BMW driver is to stay on the outside lane and head straight for the outside lane of the slip to clacton,now in heavy traffic the inside lane close right up,I was three cars behind the BMW driver and I like many others do not want that slip,at the very last minute he indicates and try's for the slip,only to find that 4 cars on the inside lane do not want the slip so carry straight on,he is blocked off and going at a speed that makes him miss the slip,it was classic,he then selects a lower gear and with a belch of black smoke speeds down to road.
So he went off knowing that it was no good turning at the first roundabout and coming back,as there is no up slip to Clacton on the other side,and so he travelled through a 50 mph average speed camera section way above the limit to the next roundabout to turn right,I can only hope he gets a ticket.

I think on face value like that, if you see someone outwardly behaving like a kn*b it's very likely that they're not the kind of person you'd want to associate with. It's easy to judge someone by their appearance, I know I've been judged by how I look (AC/DC t-shirt, tattoos and devastatingly handsome....maybe) but it's how you behave that matters. Driving too fast, parking in a disabled bay and dropping litter probably equates to that first example being exactly the person you would imagine.

I've worked with a few people who on initial impression I haven't taken to. One of which being my friend Simon. He was young at the time but also his banter was the same on the first day as it was once I got to know him, he was just quite forthright. Ended up being his best man. Admittedly he's not the type of person to park in a disabled bay or litter! haha

We all do stupid things sometimes.
I've been a D1ck before as I will be again.
But generally I'm not lol

Is your first immpressions, that someone is a kn0bhead usually right?

Well you seem to have to overanalysed it.

You had the whole situation assesssed and summed up with "Black Audi". Possible even just at "Audi"

Of course you maybe missed the blue badge and the legitimate exemption for the face mask - and your judgmement of the approach speed may be a bit off.

But I think as long as we trust your ability to recognise cars then it's an open and shut case.

You had the whole situation assesssed and summed up with "Black Audi". Possible even just at "Audi"

Of course you maybe missed the blue badge and the legitimate exemption for the face mask - and your judgmement of the approach speed may be a bit off.

But I think as long as we trust your ability to recognise cars then it's an open and shut case.
Some good points, and yes I could have misjudged the whole situation, but I don't think I did.

What about the littering? Sure it could be attributed to some disability, but if this chap lacks capacity to make a call about whether he should litter or not, it begs the question why the hell he's in a position to control a motor vehicle. And on the assumption it's not his disability causing him to willing litter, sounds like the driver of the Audi is still a moron.

@SmartAmg - yes, behavioural traits and actions do speak volumes for an individual, but the real challenge is how open minded one can remain to the notion of accepting new evidence. E.g. if new evidence surfaces to demonstrate this chap had a really traumatic event prior to this, his intention wasn't to be an asshole, would your opinion change to accept that?

Last edited:
As much as the liberal left and hand wringing apologists hate it, people cannot help but conform to stereotypes. Its a hunter gatherer instinct that can't be removed from human psyche, you instinctively view things in the food, threat, friend, danger etc categories, and as we evolved we naturally apply it to different groups of people we meet.

Sure, some stereo types are old and outdated, but as COVID has shown, just when you think these old stereotypes no longer apply anymore, a group of cretins pops and adequately demonstrates they are still in fact bang on.

As I get older I find my piss gets boiled by more and more types of people from the smallest interaction, but as George Bernard Shaw said 'The power of accurate observation and foresight is commonly called cynicism by those who don't possess it'

As I get older I find my piss gets boiled by more and more types of people from the smallest interaction, but as George Bernard Shaw said 'The power of accurate observation and foresight is commonly called cynicism by those who don't possess it'
I like that quote, going to try to memorize it for future use!

Some good points, and yes I could have misjudged the whole situation, but I don't think I did.

Well the Black Audi would have sealed it for me - regardess of what came next.

I have a nephew who drives a Black Audi and it's been hard on us all continuing to accept him as still being the intelligent professional considerate polite young man we used to think him to be. He tends to use his wife's Golf when visiting us so that our drive way is unsullied and that we welcome him across the threshold (into the back garden these days).

Its similar to, if someone said " i was sat in me car" I'd assume they were a bit if a D1ck.

But if they said " I was sat in my car" I wouldn't be so presumptuous.

Just saying.

The smallest thing can throw the wrong impression out there.

Its similar to, if someone said " i was sat in me car" I'd assume they were a bit if a D1ck.

But if they said " I was sat in my car" I wouldn't be so presumptuous.

Just saying.

The smallest thing can throw the wrong impression out there.
Fair enough. :)

Well the Black Audi would have sealed it for me - regardess of what came next.

I have a nephew who drives a Black Audi and it's been hard on us all continuing to accept him as still being the intelligent professional considerate polite young man we used to think him to be. He tends to use his wife's Golf when visiting us so that our drive way is unsullied and that we welcome him across the threshold (into the back garden these days).
The car and colour isn't the issue, whatever car/colour, it had been, I would still have posted.

We all do it.
Think the way we act,speak,type is totally acceptable to others.

Unless you live a 100% perfect life in every aspect then someone along your lifes journey will think one of your actions was that of a D1ck.

I know a fair few instances that people have thought that of me, wishing I could rewind and do over or explain it away 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom