Canadian Sat Nav ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another vote for navmii free maps and updates Just used it in the us for driving from san-diego to las vegas stopping at various point in between and it never missed a beat.

Morning all

Am off to Canada in three weeks and have just been let down by a Canadian Ebay seller who apparently had posted me an upto date SD card for my Garmin

I do have an immediate refund (hmmm....?) of the CAD paid but now have a problem.

I am renting a mid size SUV, so will contact Enterprise just in case it DOES come factory fitted with Sat Nav (and maps) but if not - does anyone have a decent suggestion to help?

Options I have so far are:

1. Pay Garmin £65 for official maps that I will use for 1 week to load onto my Garmin
2. Rent a Satnav from the UK with Canadian Maps for over 2 weeks (we're off to the US as well but not driving there) for £30 inc postage
3. Buy a s/h unit with old maps off Ebay for £50 (and sell when I get back)
4. Risk bricking my Garmin with some 'genuine' Garmin maps of some file sharing site....
5. Rely on an app on the phone - but I don't want to use data so Waze is out and Navmii after its recent update is not great (will use that for walking around Toronto though)
6. Get lucky and someone on here has a better solution...:bannana:

I am all ears boys and girls....

PS I have 3 weeks until we go, so still 'some time' but no longer enough time to order from Canada
I've not read and digested all of your message but when I landed in San Francisco I bought a Tom Tom on day one from Walmart or similar, cheap as chips. Had all USA and Canada.... I used it in Canada and it was bang on.

Not read all of this old thread but Garmin sat nav users can also use these open source maps free of charge. I have the UK & French maps on my Garmin nuvi 2445 and they work fine.

Maybe after three years he's already sorted something??

Or he might have gotten lost and still wondering through Saskatchewan looking for the passage to Hudson Bay.

Nope, still here (and was there) and used Waze....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom