canbus readout from climate control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
I know this was posted recently, but i cant find it anywhere!

When you press and hold the 'rest' button on the climate control, you get a load of readouts of various things temp, speed, rpm etc.

A list was posted while back of what the code numbers corrispond to. Does anyone have this list or know where it was posted? I've searched on loads of items but it seems to have gone!

hold EC button for 5 seconds and the display will show 00 code. Press the left Auto button to move up the chain (00, 01, 02), and right button to move down. The code and value will alternate on the left and right end of the display. When showing RPM, it is in 10s. So a value of 153 means 1530 rpm.

00: Interior temp sensor
01: Interior temp sensor
02: Ambient temp sensor
05: Evaporator temp. sensor
06: Engine coolant temp.
07: refrigerant pressure
08: refrigerant temp.
16: carbon monoxide value
17: nitrogen oxide value
18: dewpoint temp.
21: engine RPM
22: vehicle speed
24: battery voltage

Great, many thanks. The climate control in the CL is all LCD, so I actualy get the full readout such as 1245 rpm/min printed on the display, but others just get 24c, 25c, etc etc and it was those that i had no idea about!

Many Thanks TMP. :D

I tried this on my S500 - nothing was displayed - I tried with the engine running. Is there any other key combination you should try?

I just pressed and held 'rest' with the engine running for about 10 seconds.

Yup - worked for me now. I saw the thread "press" EC, that didn't work, but then I noticed the earlier post..

There seem to be a huge number of these values - many of them relate to %'ages. Would be good to get a full list of these.

I assume for those values which indicate a setting of some sort - which I noticed was in German "ein"/"aus"/"aktiv" etc that these cannot be set from this control, merely monitored.

Pretty interesting all the same.

What other "features" are there in these cars I wonder...

Hi All I have managed to see the readout of these values too1-9 then some higher numbers - but the ID number of the value is diferent in the CLK some are 41,42,43, etc etc (this is not the 'Value' but the label of the value as well as of 1,2,3 4,5,... labels)

Does anyone have a definitive list?
Regards,
Mike

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom