Cancelled holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. B

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Today I took the unusual step of cancelling a 7 day cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in June ‘20.
I only paid a deposit which can be transferred to another cruise in 2021 so no issues there.
Getting the virus wasn’t an issue for me but what I was concerned about was if someone from the ship was confirmed as having the virus. The ship would then have to be put in quarantine and that I couldn’t deal with.
Being confined to a cabin for 2 weeks is worse than being in a prison cell - not literally but you get my drift.
I love Mrs. B but a man has to know his limitations and 2 weeks stuck in a cabin without a break would definitely tip me over the edge. :eek:

So what would you have done ????

PS. Mrs. B thinks I’m a caring husband by not wanting her to catch the virus.
Bear in mind viruses do tend to spread like wild fire on cruise ships due to the number of passengers in close proximity to one another.

If only she knew the truth :)

I would have done exactly the same for the same reasons you state. We are due to fly off to Tenerife next week and that is causing Mrs L enough stress. I had already said to her how glad I am that we are not going on a cruise this year.

That's what's stopping me booking one. You'll get there alright but there's no guarentee when you'll come home. shame as prices are cheap as chips at the minute

Would have done exactly the same . Mrs Nomoney and I will have been married 45 years tomorrow ( I know , she must be a saint etc ) , but whilst I love her to bits two weeks away is enough time spent together . One of the reasons I am still working at almost 68 years old is that much as I love her I don`t want to spend all day everyday with her . Good job she doesn`t read this forum or I would be fooked.

You made a good judgement call. :)

You could have tipped Mrs B over the edge - then enjoyed the holiday:p

Well, we're off a week Tuesday but getting quarantined in the Caribbean has to be better than Norway so still going. However, I do agree that 14 days in a cabin in the fjords may have been too much so with a transferable deposit, definitely the right thing to do....

Reactions: 219
By the way, nothing against Norway, just a touch chilly this time of year....

I'm in a minority I expect, but apart from a coach holiday I can't think of anything worse than a cruise.
Maybe going on one would change my perception, but they just don't appeal to me.

Waits for incoming flak:D

I'm in a minority I expect, but apart from a coach holiday I can't think of anything worse than a cruise.
Maybe going on one would change my perception, but they just don't appeal to me.

Cruises didn't appeal to me either but we did a Mediterranean cruise in 2018 and loved it and this year we did a Caribbean cruise in February. I dont think cruising is going to be our thing as much as it is with some people but I can see us doing maybe 1 or 2 more in the future.

An outside cabin and I would have considered it, but in a warm climate where a balcony would be useable
An inside? and no, for the same reasons
Good call

Done a few cruises, in and out, and enjoyed them all

Everyone is going to love cruising in 3 months when the ships are parked up and prices go through the floor. With the fixed costs of those monsters any revenue is better than no revenue.

I'm with you on this one, except that I'd even put a coach trip ahead of a cruise. Each to their own though, and if going on a cruise is what floats your boat, then so be it.

We are due to go next week on a Med cruise. ATM the cruise line has said it’s still giing zhead as planned, I’m making sure i have at least 2 weeks extra meds, current thinking is we’re still going

Just hope it's not going to Venice ! Am currently in Tunisia and will only start worrying when I land in the UK

We’ve done four over the last 15 years. Maybe you should try it but pick a good company and always have an outside balcony cabin.

^ It doesn't bode well that I get seasick extremely quickly. Maybe that is subconciously putting me off even trying one?

There it is.

The corona virus (AKA as 'flu') is no big deal & prolly no more deadly than the normal ubiquitous endemic flu we have here that kills a few thousands every year. It's the fear, paranoia & associated panic that's causing the damage to the world's financial markets & trade & disrupting people's lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom