Cancelling Order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you're buying a spanky new MB, I got the service plan for 3 years anyway. For me, in the E350, it's £30 a month for 3 years - so £1080. I can book it in using the app, and it's free (not tires). Now I wasn't going to do this initially, but was told by someone at MB (who didn't sell me the car by the way) that this was a deal which is subsidized by MB Sales in the UK and actually loses money. On a thread on this forum someone was moaning that his B Service on his MB was £900 odd, so I think it's a deal. No messing with warranty questions should something go wrong.

Now after the 3 years, all going well I get myself the new MB E Class cab, but if I don't I'll probably use MB for the last A service (to retain the Mercedes Me and MB Rescue and Recovery which comes as free if you keep your services going) and then most probably use an indie.

But, IMHO, the MB service option is the way to go. It's a fixed cost, isn't a total rip off, and in some circumstances can be a fantastic money saver.

I'm always a little confused when people cancel their order due to the bad experience from a dealer. Rightly so a good feeling is all part of the buying process but surely the end result i.e. A spanking new motor that is more important. After delivery you will love your new car for a long time regardless of what the buying experience was like.

I alway feel like cancelling is denying yourself of the end result. It's like not building your dream house because of the stress during building. Or not marrying your dream girl/boy because of the stress of the wedding. Strange comparisons I know.

Agreed but if the dealership is also the only service dealer within reasonable distance it could be a continuing disappointment? It's difficult to separate heart from head when purchasing sometimes

But, IMHO, the MB service option is the way to go. It's a fixed cost, isn't a total rip off, and in some circumstances can be a fantastic money saver.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I'm in a polite mood so I'm going to politely disagree with you and say that if enough people are happy to get gouged then MB will happily gouge them.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I'm in a polite mood so I'm going to politely disagree with you and say that if enough people are happy to get gouged then MB will happily gouge them.

Well if your idea of fun is finding a filter for £10 less, oil for £15 less, both of which has to comply with MB to retain the warranty, as well as another load of extra work, good on you! But 2 A's and 1 B for £1080 fixed is a steal for an E350.

Well if your idea of fun is finding a filter for £10 less, oil for £15 less, both of which has to comply with MB to retain the warranty, as well as another load of extra work, good on you! But 2 A's and 1 B for £1080 fixed is a steal for an E350.

You've missed the point.

That's not a defence against being ripped off - it's an invention of an imaginary scenario to justify being ripped off.

A steal ..... at £1080? ..... you're cracking me up! Your money.

But you made me smile. Thanks!

"Worth" and "value for money" are completely subjective.

Couple of things - I bought my car from Ipswich and after problems with the salesman before he left, everything has been good. I bought 4 new cars from Colchester - same salesman for the last 2, I asked him to match a DriveTheDeal offer on my C350e and he laughed - I secured it with Ipswich and they are in the same group (salesman did get sacked though).

As with most sales - it's dependent on the particular salesman you get. I found David Lake the sales manager more than helpful and Matthew in Service is exceptionally helpful. If it suits you to still buy from Ipswich I suggest you call David and I'm sure he'll put the sale back on track.

If you really want a great sales experience buy a Lexus ! Their servicing costs are very low, it's just that you have to pay more for the car !

MB will love you!

3 oil and filter changes, a pollen filter and a brake fluid change. £1080. Bargain!

I'd cancel and visit JBD...

No point in putting up with that much grief before you've even bought the car.

I thought it did

No - to be the owner you just need a valid receipt technically...

THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP

It tells us where to send the fines

Just fixed that for them.

+1 if I was the op I would vote with the feet and run as fast you can away...I can not stand dealing with A _ _ _ HOLES:wallbash:

If better stealers recommended by forum members locally go visit them...

I'd cancel and visit JBD...

No point in putting up with that much grief before you've even bought the car.

No - to be the owner you just need a valid receipt technically...

THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT PROOF OF OWNERSHIP

It tells us where to send the fines

Just fixed that for them.

I don't think the root of the problem is the dealer, although their "performance" has probably added fuel to the fire.

Based on your earlier post about service costs, and the fact that you've raised it again, it seems to me that this is the real deal breaker.

Bottom line is that you think Mercedes-Benz Main Dealer service prices are a rip-off. That's fine, many people do. However, with a PCP you are merely renting the car, and on that basis it's perfectly reasonable for the owner (the finance company) to specify who they want to service their car, not you. If you don't like the deal, don't do it. If you like the car and want to drive it away, there are other options to fund the purchase which would allow you - as the owner of the vehicle - to decide who services it, or indeed not to bother servicing it at all if that floats your boat.

Banging your head against the Daimler UK Finance Company's T's & C's is only going to end up with one outcome, and it won't be the one you wish for.

Agreed. Our customers expect cars on our forecourt to have full MB service history, so it's perfectly reasonable for MBFS to do the same. If your car ends up going back to MBFS, they will sell it to the dealer network, which will be difficult if you haven't had it serviced with MB. They need to protect themselves as much as you do.

As for the service you have received, it doesn't sound ideal. It sounds like you could have been dealt with in a better way. I deterioration in the service you've received before you've even taken delivery isn't going to make you want to use them for servicing.

You seem rather fixated on coffee :D

What are my rights to cancel an order? I think I got a very good deal on the car, but if I did decided to cancel, what part/all of my deposit should I expect back? The contract or order form states T's and C's are set out on the back, yet the back is blank!

The contract or order form states T's and C's are set out on the back, yet the back is blank!
In that case, they're unenforceable if they are to your detriment.

I sincerely hope you don't think I care.

Bearing in mind three Value services at £149 would be the same work, plus maybe £30 to change the pollen filter and let's go mad and say £60 for brake fluid, that equals half of £1080.

I'm happy that people cheerfully pay bonkers pricing though - it means there's more scope for the dealer to offer me a discount. So thanks! :thumb:

Bearing in mind three Value services at £149 would be the same work, plus maybe £30 to change the pollen filter and let's go mad and say £60 for brake fluid, that equals half of £1080.

I'm happy that people cheerfully pay bonkers pricing though - it means there's more scope for the dealer to offer me a discount. So thanks! :thumb:

To be fair though, if the servicing outside the MB network is half the price, but the value of the car is affected by more than the saving (within the MB network), then who is right?
If you are going to keep the car for 6 or 7 years then the point is moot, but if it is on a 3 year pcp it may become a serious issue, although the artificially high pcp final payments (designed to keep monthly payments as low as poss) are a timebomb waiting to go off. Tick, tick, tick......

(Have been careful to avoid generalisations here :rolleyes: )

Well if you can get a B service for £149 on an E350 Cabrio, get the maps updated as well obviously, an electronic service report and any and all defective parts replaced (aside from tires), including brake disks, linings, suspension, axels, light bulbs, then I take my hat off to you; that is truly outstanding!

Keep in mind the Value service doesn't renew Mobilo or count as an official service. Check the small print....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom