• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Cannot lock car from Mercedes Me App

omega1

Car
E400d 2019 4matic (C238)
Hi all,

I'm positive in my last (2020) W213 E400d I could lock (can't recall unlock) the car from the Mercedes Me app. I loved this feature as I'm constantly wondering if I locked the car as soon as it's no longer in sight.

I now have a 2019 C238 E400d and I now have the app paired to the car and it is visible, it will tell me if the car is locked or not, but there is no possible action (button, etc) to lock it from the app.

Am I missing something? Something not activated, etc?

Many thanks in advance.

It may be that it's a chargeable subscription, check on the available services list on Mercedes me if you have something like 'Remote services'?

It may be that it's a chargeable subscription, check on the available services list on Mercedes me if you have something like 'Remote services'?
Thanks for your reply, I'm thinking it might be this also.

On the app, if I go to 'Digital Extras' I see 'Comfort', if I click on that, I see 'Remote Door Locking and Unlocking', but there's no option to toggle it on/off like there are other items (like 'Remote Vehicle Finder' for example, that has a toggle on it to turn on/off.

If I back out to the main 'Digital Extras' page, there is a button labelled 'Activate All Extras' but it's greyed out so I can't press it.

There is also a page under the main settings called 'Active Subscriptions' but it just says 'An error occurred while loading the content' so it doesn't show anything there.

Other than popping into a dealer, any ideas?

Actually, I've just logged into my account online (browser) instead of the app and I can clearly see that I do not have it enabled and need to pay £8/month :-(
Great... subscription based cars, just what we need!
I guess the previous car had it thrown in...

Last edited:
Actually, I've just logged into my account online (browser) instead of the app and I can clearly see that I do not have it enabled and need to pay £8/month :-(
Great subscription based cars, just what we need!

I think you get it for free for the first 3 years. After that, you need to renew.

Great... subscription based cars, just what we need!

As above it's free for the first 3 years.

They periodically have special offers on the various 'packages' ... I paid £163 for this year's renewal on our 2019 C300, compared to £195 last time. The 'remote package' was £63:
  • Remote Door Locking and Unlocking
  • Valet Parking and Curfew Minder
  • Remote Window Control
  • Parked Vehicle Locator
  • Geofencing
  • Remote Vehicle Finder
  • Theft notification and parking damage detection
  • Vehicle Tracker

The other £100 was the 'navigation package':
  • Online Map Update
  • Live Traffic Information
  • Parking for navigation
  • Local Search
  • Car-to-X Communication
  • Weather map

Thanks, I subscribed to the 'Remote' package as the main thing I need/want is the remote parking. I have my own tracker, use Waze, etc, so not that bothered about the other bits. I paid £79/year for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom