Can't complain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
...about women taking too much time shopping for clothes, makeup, shoes and then dressed, made up, ready to go out. Yesterday researched and then ordered two lots of gear from Slims detailing and realise I'm on just as slippery a slope with gear and money/time that will be going out the window. Just as well that I have found cleaning and making the car look nice, both enjoyable and relaxing (once I get going ). But I'm not complaining, just acknowledging that detailing can suck you into its heady world!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

It's a slippery slope that, once you're on, it's hard to get off! First the trying of different polishes and waxes, then the progression to clay and paint correction - followed by the purchase of a DA polisher and pads as paint correction by hand is hard work! 3M blue masking tape, microfibre cloths and polish application pads, lambswool and microfibre wash mitts - got the lot!! Hope your silver car polishes up better than the silver S203 I had, it never looked really dirty but equally never looked really polished and shiny - but it was a brightish silver, where IIRC Iridium is a bit darker.

I too must admit to getting this weird bug! I was careful to wash and clean my last car (64 Plate A220D) every two weeks or so but this one appears to be beckoning me to wash and polish at every opportunity! :confused:

Age related? Nowt else better to do? Who knows? :rolleyes:

Car cleaning is a satisfying on so many levels.

I only wish I could dedicate more time to it - Job, young children and pro-active wife put an end to that joyous activity...

I always find it worse after changing cars. Whether new or cleaned up for resale, it's always nice to keep it that way for a good while. But, I didn't think when I joined this forum that I would be suckered into the whole world of Slim's Detailing - so many products to choose from, multiple buckets, grit guards, wash mitts, microfibre for everything and Wheel Woolies have to be the best tool ever for AMG wheels.

I'm lost, with no hope of reprieve:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom