Cant dyno a merc?? Hmmmmm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
Hi guys,

Has anyone ever been told that you can't get an accurate dunno on a merc because of the auto box?

Smells a bit fishy to me

I’m sorry, but the auto gearbox on the Mercedes do not allow us to get an accurate dyno reading.

Herishi said:
Hi guys, Has anyone ever been told that you can't get an accurate dunno on a merc because of the auto box? Smells a bit fishy to me I’m sorry, but the auto gearbox on the Mercedes do not allow us to get an accurate dyno reading.

They can be an difficult for an inexperienced Dyno operator to get the power down, but, put it in Dyno Mode and it shouldn't be any harder than any other auto!

Lots of people on here, myself included, have had lots of Dyno runs in lots of places.

I use MSL but other Dyno operators are available. Seems like you may need to have a look for a different place who understands what they're doing?

A thread HERE which may help, depending upon your location. Still no date confirmed, though it should be confirmed soon.

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever been told that you can't get an accurate dunno on a merc because of the auto box?

Smells a bit fishy to me

I’m sorry, but the auto gearbox on the Mercedes do not allow us to get an accurate dyno reading.

Who said you/they cant dyno it?

Celtic tuning lol

Celtic tuning lol

oh dear! that is not good and doesn't inspire confidence after all they would need a dyno at some point to develop the software.

I reckon you spoke to a numpty lol:fail

I have had a similar experiance with Autec Performance in Crawley. The dyno operator had no idea what he was doing..

every time he floored it the AMG would downshift....

He gave me a print out and said thats the best your gonna get!

I took my previous E Class (2007) into Nationwide Tyres and Exhausts and asked them to adjust the wheel alignment. "We don't do Mercs mate , need specials tools n stuff cause of the suspension" - ask asked why as it isn't air its coils ?? " nah mate cant do them " - weird I thought.

I took my previous E Class (2007) into Nationwide Tyres and Exhausts and asked them to adjust the wheel alignment. "We don't do Mercs mate , need specials tools n stuff cause of the suspension" - ask asked why as it isn't air its coils ?? " nah mate cant do them " - weird I thought.
It's because of the possible need of the camber bolt kit. Make sure its a hunter Hawkeye machine. They are the best for Mercs. Black diamond tyres in Clydebank have a brand new one and Robert knows what he's doing.

It is a shame most don`t read more as BlackC55 recommends and uses Celtic and they are a supporter of the forum...Lol

I would hardly think of Celtic as cowboys!

If Celtic genuinely didn't think they could accurately dyno a Mercedes auto, that is an embarrassment to them and does not do their reputation any good.

I would hardly think of Celtic as cowboys!

Depends on who your dealing with, as I have said before, they operate a franchise model. The experience depends on who you get, this of course applies both to a positive and negative experience.

Unless the map has been set up on the dyno, with before and after runs, the HP figs are just unproven figures. I concur with MrH above.

Where's dieselman when you need him. iirc from a long time ago I read a thread on here about how it's difficult to get a good reading off a dyno with an auto but can't remember the out come. Maybe msl will tell us in a bit.

Where's dieselman when you need him. iirc from a long time ago I read a thread on here about how it's difficult to get a good reading off a dyno with an auto but can't remember the out come. Maybe msl will tell us in a bit.

There's a general rule of thumb, 15% Drivetrain loss from a Fwd car and 25% loss on a Rwd car from the Vehicles flywheel power, that then gives you a estimated Whp figure.

18% on a RWD MB :thumb:

Chris your a spoil sport I thought I had gained some bhp from nothing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom