Can't find 38 pin soceket , help please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wildkatz

Car
Mercedes C270
Can anyone tell me where the 38pin socket for reseting of SRS light is located on my 2004 C270 CDI (W203), also any ideas where the airbag control module is situated, I've locked and locked, either I need Specsavers or I'm looking in the wrong place.

If THE 38 PIN SOCKET is anywhere- its anywhere it will be inside the fusebox in the engine compartment. The airbag control module is usually bolted somewhere on the central transmission tunnel as major G forces experienced there by any control module means the car's in a major accident.

edit :- its called the SRS [SUPPLEMENTARY RESTRAIN SYSTEM] control module see diagram

525666d1373190584-srs-control-module-location-snap3.jpg

Last edited:
A 2004 W203 Diesel will have a OBD socket under the fascia above the driver's right shin, next to the bonnet release.

wildkatz said:
Can anyone tell me where the 38pin socket for reseting of SRS light is located on my 2004 C270 CDI (W203), also any ideas where the airbag control module is situated, I've locked and locked, either I need Specsavers or I'm looking in the wrong place.

You car does not have a 38 pin socket it has a 16 pin socket in the drivers footwell next to the bonnet release, sometimes covered by a flip down flap.

Hi, I have just changed the srs unit on my c270, it's in front of the center consul under the heater controls and comand unit
the video below shows how to remove the consul
BENZWERKS C-CLASS CENTER CONSOLE REMOVAL PART 2 OF 2 - YouTube. the radio/comand unit front covers come off with a couple of screws located in the center heater vents and a couple of clips underneath the panel ( at least mine did)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom