Cant find a post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Does anyone remember a topic come up on whether the area around the light switch should be lit?

I could swear the topic came up here and someone (prolly shude) even posted a picture.

Coz I cant find it anywhere and was begining to think I am either crazy or weve lost the post in that outage we had.

Anyone???

Fear ye not, I remember it too. Wibble.

No really I do, I remember going outside to check mine. I think Wheelie or Graham originally posed the question, the answer being no it's not illuminated.

Originally posted by Simon
the answer being no it's not illuminated.
In the rubbish low-spec w202 it was never illuminated, but in the pimp-master w124 it was... :D

im sure the area surrounding the light switch should be lit.... my 124 and my C220 CDI are lit by one tiny bulb...Have you all checked your bulbs!
Then again i wouldnt be surprised if MB scrounged on a bulb in the base spec C class's....

My W202 and my old '86 W201 are definitely not lit and you can tell the symbols on the black plastic are painted on, not translucent to let light through.

On my Dad's base spec '87 W124 the area around the light switch is illuminated... dead handy if you ask me, I couldn't understand why MB pennypinched on such a trivial item.

Also all the thumb wheels around the dash vents are illuminated on my dad's car too, whereas mine aren't.

S.

I remember it wasn't lit on the 202 because of the reflection in the drivers window got in the way of the door mirror or there abouts? I think:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom