Can't gel with the C63....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
with regards to the traction I find it completely dependent on the circumstances. I have the MO conti's which I hate (changing this weekend to Michelin PSS) I came of a motorway junction yesterday to some red lights. Some guy in a 360 Modena pulled up next to me smiling. I switched to S+ and the rest is history. I didn't fully floor it, maybe half until I was moving a bit then floored it. This works for me.

Agree ride can be hard on some roads but I like this.

Brakes...... Not so sure they are that good for the car but they will do

Get Michelin PSS

Surely a standard R isn't troubling a standard c63?

It doesn't, were just taking the piss. Some people like to compare there own Golf's that have almost double the horsepower they left the factory with, with standard Mercs.

It doesn't, were just taking the piss. Some people like to compare there own Golf's that have almost double the horsepower they left the factory with, with standard Mercs.

My Stage 2+ golf R would beat my standard c63 apart from over 100mph pulls.

yeah that a cool golf!

A Golf R is a lot easier to drive than a C63,

More traction
Lower down torque
Faster trans
Lighter and more compact

So it will give a C63 trouble but at the same time a 63 driven with traction off, fitted with a diff and in the hands of a good driver used to rwd would leave a golf R in most situations imo.

My Stage 2+ golf R would beat my standard c63 apart from over 100mph pulls.
Stay quiet about hot Golfs please. These AMG guys get awfully flustered about talk of hot Golfs.

ive got both so im immune..... lol.

Nah I respect both cars in there own right!

ive got both so im immune..... lol.

Nah I respect both cars in there own right!
Same here. One with 560 brake and the other with 380. Both great in their own way. I like scaring carrera 2/4 owners with the golf lol.

Lol. That's fecking awesome. 0-62 in 1.97 seconds. Love the way he pulls away with onE hand on the steering wheel so he can get the gear change quicker :)

A Golf R is a lot easier to drive than a C63,

More traction
Lower down torque
Faster trans
Lighter and more compact

So it will give a C63 trouble but at the same time a 63 driven with traction off, fitted with a diff and in the hands of a good driver used to rwd would leave a golf R in most situations imo.

But the Golf R looks duller than dishwater. :D

R

"But the Golf R looks duller than dishwater. "

Perhaps subtle is a better term - saw a nice dark blue one this morning

I can imagine the new Focus RS or even Type R will be competitive.

I'm either going down this road or 335d.

Don't believe the hype or rely on just the 0-60mph figures - I've played with a 335d saloon and a latest model 335d xdrive estate thingy and their in gear performance is significantly less than my bi turbo - it was easy pickings in both cases.

If you want economy with a decent turn of speed go diesel - if you want proper performance, go AMG.

Regarding RS etc - we had a couple turn up at TV - again, not in the same league, even when running c400hp, though they are good for shopping.

Regarding RS etc - we had a couple turn up at TV - again, not in the same league, even when running c400hp, though they are good for shopping.
I couldn't put it better myself mate!:D

HB said:
Stay quiet about hot Golfs please. These AMG guys get awfully flustered about talk of hot Golfs.
you can bring 2 welded together I'll still outrun you innit!;)

Don't believe the hype or rely on just the 0-60mph figures - I've played with a 335d saloon and a latest model 335d xdrive estate thingy and their in gear performance is significantly less than my bi turbo - it was easy pickings in both cases.

So I've got a F30 335d xDrive currently and the 0-62 time is 4.8 seconds, 4.6 if you use launch control. However your spot on, the figures don't tell you the true story. It's achieving those figures because with 4 wheel drive it leaps off the line. However once you've got that bit over the acceleration isn't in the same league as an AMG. Hence why I'm moving up to a C63S.

Having said that I think the 335d is pretty much the best all round car on the market. It's faster than most cars on the road and it's still pretty damn fuel efficient at the same time. The ride is comfortable or can firm up with dynamic suspension (You'll want this, there's quite a bit of body roll in comfort). For a diesel it doesn't even sound half bad. I just wanted more speed, sound and drama to my drive.

I figure there's roughly 4 car performance brackets (This is my opinion).

Regulars - The slow to say 229bhp type cars
Performance - 230 - 399bhp cars
Super - 400 - 649bhp cars
Hyper - 650bhp+

Obviously weight and so many other things to consider but point is I guess is 335d is a black above regular cars but an AMG is a bracket up again. It's a big difference in performance.

you can bring 2 welded together I'll still outrun you innit!;)
Ill just bring the E63 to save any embarrassment for a few of you.

HB said:
Ill just bring the E63 to save any embarrassment for a few of you.
tv is in august bring ya vw's and let's find out how fast they are !;)

Coming from a c63 then audi ttrs and now a bmw alpina b3 bi turbo. The amg was the best. Debating whether to get back into one with the mercedes offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom