Can't get phone to link to my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stacker32

Car
Mercedes benz glc 2.2
Hi just bought a 2016 mercedes benz glc and having problems connecting my samsung phone to it, i can receive texts and phone calls but no music, i didnt receive memory card for sat nav could this be stopping me from conecting phone to my car.

The audio streaming function is separate to the handsfree voice & text function.

After connecting the phone for handsfree voice & text, go to the Media (or DISC) menu and look for Bluetooth Devices (or BT devices). Then choose your phone from the device list.

After that, the audio output from the phone will come through the car's speakers.

Also, your X253 has the Audio20 infotainment system, with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card.

You can buy the SD-Card for it, but in any event it has no bearing on the Bluetooth connection to the phone.

Thanks markjay for replying and i will try that way,i have a memory card coming from the garage i bought the car and at 500 pound i thought it control more than just sat nav.

The other thing to check is that the option is selected on your phone. My samsung has the tendency to not always connect my audio for some reason so I manually need to connect audio via Bluetooth settings. See attached:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-230001_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210911-230001_Settings.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 5
Thanks markjay for replying and i will try that way,i have a memory card coming from the garage i bought the car and at 500 pound i thought it control more than just sat nav.

£499 is the price of Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card for 'first-time' use (i.e., for a car that never had the Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card installed before).

If the car already had the Garmin Map Pilot before and the SD-Card is an old version, or just gone missing, then you can buy the Update SD-Card (as opposed to 'first-use' SD-Card).

Both the 'first-use' and the Update SD-Card have exactly the same content, the difference is only in the software license granted by Mercedes.

The SD-Card contains both the navigation software and the maps, so you always get the latest software and the latest maps.

The SD-Card also includes a 3-years subscription to TomTom Live Traffic. Each subsequent Update SD-Card will come again with a fresh 3-years subscription.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by "control more than just sat nav" - this is exactly what SD-Card does, no more no less.

The other thing to check is that the option is selected on your phone. My samsung has the tendency to not always connect my audio for some reason so I manually need to connect audio via Bluetooth settings. See attached:

It's greyed-out on my Samsung phone as well:

Screenshot-20210911-234557-Settings.jpg

It should change when connected in the car

It's greyed-out on my Samsung phone as well:

Screenshot-20210911-234557-Settings.jpg

It should change when connected in the car
Yeah thats right :). On my w205 I used to have to manually connect is at random times. Most likely a samsung/android issue.

Hi nas i have tried that way and it will not let me select audio on my phone nor my wife's phone.
Two options:

1 - restart your phone then delete car pairing from phone and try to set up a new connection.
2 - reset your network settings on your phonr then restart your phone. This will delete all paired bluetooth devices and any saved wifi networks so just remember that.

I think Markjay mentioned above you can try connecting your phone via the audio menu rather than phone menu in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom