Can't get the code for SRS dashboard warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenQ

Car
2004 W220 S320 CDI
Hi

I've got an SRS warning message on the S class.

I suspect a seat pad sensor but I want to make sure but I can't read the code. I've tried using Carsoft Mercedes and have purchased an ELM WiFi plug-in for the ODB port and have installed a couple of apps on the iPad.

None of the above will detect any SRS faults although Carsoft has detected a couple of minor bulb failures so I know it's working. The ELM device and app's don't even detect the bulb failures but do give live engine data so seem to be working.

I suppose I've got to put the car on Star at an independent at around £60 for 2 minutes work.

Hi

I've got an SRS warning message on the S class.

I suspect a seat pad sensor but I want to make sure but I can't read the code. I've tried using Carsoft Mercedes and have purchased an ELM WiFi plug-in for the ODB port and have installed a couple of apps on the iPad.

None of the above will detect any SRS faults although Carsoft has detected a couple of minor bulb failures so I know it's working. The ELM device and app's don't even detect the bulb failures but do give live engine data so seem to be working.

I suppose I've got to put the car on Star at an independent at around £60 for 2 minutes work.

Standard OBDII only covers engine and transmission.

You need something like the Autel MaxiDiag or Carly for Mercedes in order to be able to read Mercedes-Benz specific SRS codes.

That, or take it to an indy with STAR.

Standard OBDII only covers engine and transmission.

You need something like the Autel MaxiDiag or Carly for Mercedes in order to be able to read Mercedes-Benz specific SRS codes.

That, or take it to an indy with STAR.

I have used Carsoft to diagnose many faults on my previous S500. It found a faulty steering angle sensor and another couple of non engine fault codes. Carsoft has today discovered code B1438 'Central locking secure time to long, air capacity to high.' so it looks like it will read other fault codes on my present S320 CDI but not the SRS code (my system connects to the OBDII port with an interface cable connected through a multiplexer to a laptop running Carsoft) I know it is not as comprehensive as Star Diagnostics but I'm surprised it has not detected the SRS fault.

Last edited:
Does it list srs as a system?
Does it actually read fault codes and comes back as no fault in srs?
Does it say it is unable to read srs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom