Can't move passenger seat forward in CLK230?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OptimusMerc

Car
CLK 230K Kompressor
Hi for some reason I can't move the seat position on the passenger seat forward but it moves back and up down.....is there separate fuses maybe and its has blown?

Also is it possible to do it manually as I can't find a knob for it?

Check your wiring under the passenger seat, I find that if the seat is in the maximum forward position the carpet mat disrupts the cabling below the seat and sometimes completely stops the passenger seat from working.

Hi thanks for the reply I'll have a look at that! Tried the fuses but they were fine so must be the wiring!

If its anything like an SLK we had this last week. Ended up with the relay under the dash. £20 for the relay.

Yeah tried the wiring under seat but hasn't made any difference :(

Would think it would be similar to the SLK Ian, is it easy enough to get into the relay and how did you locate it?

worth also checking the motors under the seat the n/s seat always fails due to lack of use very common on W208's

Hi,
Has the car got the memory option on the seats?
If it was a relay at fault I would have thought it would either take out all the electrical movements of the seat completly, possibly both seats in the case of non memory electric seats.
Probably more likely to be the motor as Clive suggested.
Is there any noise from the switch when you operate it in the direction of the non operating movement?

Last edited:
Hi the drivers seat is memory but passenger one isn't. it also just has electric forward/back with manual height adjust and seat angle...........if the motor had packed in surely it wouldn't move backwards?

Sorry I did mis-read your post thinking that the seat would,nt move backwards or forwards, but if it moves one way but not the other then I would be looking at a dodgy switch, does the switch make any sort of noise if you try to move the seat forward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom